A forum dedicated to the discussion of sporting issues. Please keep any sports talk here.
by Degsy 25 Jan 2014, 10:14
Hi Giglets if you look at the year on year stats you will see that United don't always finish strongly, it's one of those media myths, look at the 2011/12 season when City won the title with five matches to go United choked and threw away an 8 point lead.

I agree Mata is a quality player as Ken will no doubt agree but they need a new midfield and a top class centre back which they are not going to get, and for them to win the title this year not only will they need to make up 14 points on the leaders they are going to have to hope that Arsenal City and Chelsea blow up and drop those points all at the same time it's just not going to happen, they are a busted flush this season and there supporters are thrashing around like beached fish. The phone ins on BBC Manchester radio are a joy to listen too as they squeal away :D

Cheers

Degsy
by giglets 25 Jan 2014, 10:28
That's why I said that City are my choice to be champions this season and not United.

Every team has off years, but United do normally tend to be stronger the longer the season goes.

I agree with you, though, that their squad looks tired and jaded at the moment and Moyles has a substantial rebuilding job ahead of him.

Having said all that, I still fancy them to get into the top four by season-end.
by Britomaris 27 Jan 2014, 09:14
When their cup involvements are over they can concentrate on finishing in the top 10.

If you want to be the best, learn from the best.
by Britomaris 27 Jan 2014, 11:28
giglets wrote:Unbiased assessment, Des?

Absolutely Dave. I do hope they beat Liverpool, I will be supporting them. Come on manure.

If you want to be the best, learn from the best.
by Degsy 01 Feb 2014, 18:42
Bwhaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha Wee Davey Moyes the gift from Slur Alex that just keeps on giving. First loss to Stoke for 30 years what a joke they are and what a pathetic defence of a title. Tick Tock Tick Tock Tic Tock
by hamilton1939 01 Feb 2014, 20:34
City's to loose.....was hoping the Gooners would be able to clinch it, they have been great to watch so far this season. but can't see them making it to May.......Will be happy to eat my words though.......mean while, at the most important end of the table .......Hammers won 2-0 but back in the bottom........bless my boys.......heart says yeh you can do, head says 'hello Championship!' :)
by Degsy 02 Feb 2014, 11:13
Got to say that West Ham have some top fans great banter on the Tram going to the Eitihad earlier this year for the Capitol Cup semi. They felt that Allardyce would take them down but the concensus they got from the City fans was that we hoped not. There has always been an affinity between us and West Ham and the Boleyn ground is always a good day out. Hope you stay up ammers.
by Dave Wendy Alex 05 Feb 2014, 20:09
Degsy wrote:
Dave Wendy Alex wrote:
steve.steph wrote:history channel :D :D :D :D :D

just like you pr**ks for the last 35 years.

Blue moon rising

Massive

Ah the usual repost from yourselves with that aggressive tone and the foul language hidden with the asterix's, look back through this post and tell me I am wrong. It's over for the RAG's so wake up and smell the coffee, and please try and bring at least some originality to your quips as you tried Blue Moon rising and massive earlier on in this thread and you ended up being spanked for it Verbally of course :D Are you also trying to pretend that the Rag's have enjoyed success for the last 35 years as well, think you might have forgot City relegating you to Division 2 with that Denis Law Back Heel at the swamp ehh!! Oh I get it now it was your usual scrabbling around in the dark to try and have a go, the last 35 years quote is meant to relate to the amount of time it has been since City won anything, oh dear another fail from yourselves as we have won a FA cup and a Premiership in the last 3 years so referencing 35 years has meant nothing since 2011. Oh what joy to be a Blue watching the Rag's thrashing around before the end of January out of all domestic competitions and 14 points of the top of the premiership what a pathetic defence of a title. Anyway onward and upward a bit of breakfast for me the a pie and a pint in Manchester before watching City play Watford at the Council house and having it massive!! Ha Ha see what I did there. Who do United play ooooops I forgot knocked out in the 3rd round. I would give up in this thread if I was you, being a Blue for nearly 50 years now means I have heard anything you may try and throw at me a hundred times before it's all grist to the mill, water off a ducks back, etc etc The Blue Moon has risen and it's tick tock tick tock for the Swamp Donkeys :D :D :D

Oh i had hoped you had forgot about the previous postings, a pathetic defence it has been, a bit like city's really, but i have been beaten down by a better man supporting a far superior team the clock has ticked for us indeed into obscurity for evermore.
Blue moon rising.
ps.
you were unlucky against chelsea, a bit like us against stoke