A forum dedicated to the discussion of sporting issues. Please keep any sports talk here.
by margaritaville 26 Feb 2014, 07:39
Well its taken more than 20 years but it does look like Man Utd and Liverpool are changing places once again in the hierachy of English football.Its literally happening before our eyes and very rapidly now that its begun.
by justubean 26 Feb 2014, 09:29
Your right. Although I'm not a fan of Liverpool it pleasing to see. Also th likes of Cardiff and Swansea playing in the premiership is good to see too. Would love to see teams like them take the league by storm.

To be honest, I think, that under Ferguson Man U had become to big for their boots and thought they had been given the god given rights to win everything.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments
by margaritaville 26 Feb 2014, 09:48
Ha ha, yeah.Fergie was worth a few points in his mind games and pressure he put on refs.I'm a football fan first and foremost with a soft spot for West Ham so I'm not biased and not trying to rile Man Utd fans here.I'm just saying it as I see it.And whilst Utd enjoyed unparalleled success for the last two decades they need to be VERY careful how they manage things now.They've started the fall but how far they go down will determine how long it takes them to get back up.Stick me neck out and say I dont see them winning the title again for five years.At least.
by Gangsta 25 May 2015, 13:59
margaritaville wrote:Well its taken more than 20 years but it does look like Man Utd and Liverpool are changing places once again in the hierachy of English football.Its literally happening before our eyes and very rapidly now that its begun.

Well that lasted a long time then. :D
by St Domingo 25 May 2015, 18:20
Ha! Ha! Ha! but would be gutted if they sack Rodgers as I'm sure he will send them into oblivion if he stays........................ but if he does go maybe they will take Martinez of our hands :)

nil satis nisi optimum
by margaritaville 27 May 2015, 06:46
Tell you what Gansta, I'll ammend my prediction somrwhat.Not only wont Man U win the league for 5 years (its been 2 already) but Liverpool wont win it for at least 10!Though funnily enough, with Gerrard going they might buy two central midfielders who actually compliment each other.But I stand by my Utd comments.More changes this summer, more players in, and that takes more time to gel, causes more disruption.
by elizaflint 27 May 2015, 09:26
Dunno about those two losers, now Mike Ashley has promised to turn over a new leaf and invest in the club it has to be Newcastle United all the way! Who dares disagree!!! :lol:

eliza
by elizaflint 28 May 2015, 12:39
I am afraid you may be right, but hope springs eternal, as they say.
I do hate Mike Ashley, it is such a shame for the town, all the little lads love going to the match with their dads, proud as punch, but they are all exploited. :(
At least they have now removed the dreaded Wonga logo from the children's kit.
Football is very important to people up here, our team should be setting a good example, but they fall well short in many ways. Things were different in Bobby Robson's day.

eliza