Please support these Charities which have been selected by our members
by Valian 22 Feb 2011, 10:38
The shelter worker was called out on Monday morning to pick up a Dobermann bitch from near Tansas, Didim. Our shelter walker phoned me and sent me a photo, I was horrified.

Ali Durmuş the vet went and picked her up from the shelter at my request and tested her blood and also to see if she had leishmaniasis. Her bloods were just outside normal ranges and she thankfully tested negative for leishmaniasis.

So while Ian cleaned out our spare back garden kennel, I went to fetch her back to recover with us. I have never, ever seen such a thin dog. She has not an ounce of fat on her. She is literally just skin and bone and her owner has just allowed her to starve.

I am feeding her small meals several times a day and will keep her until she has put on weight and is in good general health. I will then try to find a good home for her. She is a lovely dog, very friendly and not bothered at all by my other dogs. I am calling her ‘Moss’ (a.k.a. Kate Moss) as she is so thin.

If anyone would like to help her by sponsoring her stay with me, a small donation via PayPal would be most gratefully received, to: dogshelterdidim@gmail.com

Thank you :)

Val Image
Denizkoy
by marian 22 Feb 2011, 12:07
That poor dog, :( I have never seen anything like it.
Do hope she gets better, which I am sure with Val helping her she will.

If there is anyone thinking of getting a dog for whatever reason , please consider giving her a home.

I live here on my own and taking in my dog has been one of the best things I have done.

He's so loyal and very, very protective on me and our home.
by jevban 22 Feb 2011, 12:59
we are thinking of relocating but it wont be till after April, we saw her when we were out in January, but she had more flesh on her then. I'd have her but its still months away.

Jan
by Natalie 22 Feb 2011, 13:05
My heart goes out to this poor dog and my thanks to you Val.

Just tried to send donations but problems with my paypal account. Is there any other way to get money to you?
by Dove 22 Feb 2011, 14:14
Poor little mite I have shed some tears and how could people do that !!

Dove
by Natalie 22 Feb 2011, 14:22
There is a cream dog that runs outside of our apartment every day. My eyesight is not that good and I watch him from the balcony as well. I can see every single rib though and last week, he was limping. I wanted to help him but it appears that he is the local sheep farmers dog. Runs with two other dogs who appear to be well fed. Local sheep farmer seemed to be alright when I threw some sausages down but you never know what to do for the best.
by Valian 22 Feb 2011, 14:29
Thank you very much Kev & Ang :D

Hi Natalie, as you are in Didim, if you would like to leave a donation in an envelope for me with Didim Pet Care (Ali Durmuş), I can collect it from there. Many thanks :D

Val Image
Denizkoy
by kevang 22 Feb 2011, 14:46
very welcome, wish it could be more, have found the group on facebook too, has the dog bullet girl been at the shelter long? Im sure i seen her in the summer when she tried to follow us home, suppose it could be one like her?