Please support these Charities which have been selected by our members
by Duke 11 Jul 2011, 22:17
Hi folks as you know we Hunters valley dwellers have actively been tirelessly trying to raise funds to pay off a Very large Hospital Bill for one of our residents!! 23000 tyls in fact .. as that is the Bill... Anyway John H Stacey former World Welterweight Champion was in attendance & amazed us with his Singing prowess!!!as an Ex DJ I found his redition of such classics as Stand by me etc brilliiant & very proud to have him as a neighbour here in Avcalar!!! The venue was a tad too small & enclosed for our needs but beggars cant be choosers as my Mum always said!! Kenny & his Lovely Lady & the Crew did a marvelous job coping with the demands!! It was a tad too hot & over all the Draw & raffles raised a nice sum to aid Jean & to take away some of the stress that is currently overshadowing her recovery & Lets face it Good news is as good as Miracle cures .. Thank you one & all for your support & one day Im sure you will see that your contribution HAS made a big difference !!
Duke

PS Sound Service & Lovely staff made the night great & thanks Billy for your wonderful interpratation of so many favourite tracks

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by Valian 12 Jul 2011, 04:19
It was posted in the early hours of the morning Kev, I think we need to forgive him :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear you all had a good night and that money was raised to go towards Jean's medical bill of £9,200. Jean had medical problems in the UK and had been back and forth for UK treatment on numerous occasions. She believed these problems to be resolved, but when she became ill in the early hours of the morning, she was taken to Adnan Menderes University Hospital in Aydin, but they had no spare intensive care beds. They suggested she went to a private hospital in Izmir for treatment (which they had no choice but to do) and hence the enormous bill. :(

So I hope people who want to come and live here are reading this, because you either must have insurance or at least money put aside to pay for medical care in order to live here. If people think they can survive here on a shoestring without any backup money and that being hospitalised will not happen to them, well you may be in for a rude awakening......

Get well soon Jean.

Val Image
Denizkoy
by PJRichards 12 Jul 2011, 06:44
And you should know Val, what with Ian's heart operation and hefty bill.

I think a good insurance policy is a must for anywhere you live as you just never know what is going to happen.

Pretty soon we will all need private medical insurance, even in UK.
by Valian 12 Jul 2011, 07:01
I think I read somewhere that you can't get medical insurance over here once you are over the age of 65 :shock: and as we all get older, it goes without saying that medical problems are going to arise.

Val Image
Denizkoy
by PJRichards 12 Jul 2011, 07:04
:o , Crickey. So, should we decide to move we would be in deep doo doo. Being over 65 already. :(

Alot of firms wont give you travel insurance now over 70 :?
by Keith 12 Jul 2011, 07:32
What a dilemma. If you move when you are young then it is not easy to find work because of all the permit restrictions. Then if you move when you are older you could struggle with medical cover. I guess Turkey's admission to the EU would solve both these problems at a stroke!

Thread moved by the way.

Keith
by Duke 12 Jul 2011, 09:02
Sorry KEV I was a few sheets to the wind when I got in... BUT I still dont know HOW to post a new Topic other than use the NEW TOPIC button on the top of Every other Topic!!! Sometimes I wish I was as Perfect as the Younger element on the forum...
Duke

PS Keith could you PM me with the Idiots Guide to starting a NEW topic please.. In fact it may help others to do so on Open Forum Ta much!!

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by Allan and Joanne 12 Jul 2011, 09:29
It's easy to start a new topic Duke...Make sure you are on the main board and not active topics (Click on the large AA symbol at the top of the page)
Then look at all the different sub forums, like charity corner down at the bottom. Click on the one you require (Charity corner) and right at the top of the page you will see "New Topic", click on that and away you go m8 ;)

Allan

Allan & Joanne
by patricia 12 Jul 2011, 11:09
To right Val.I also had a large bill for surgery to my back when i fractured my spine on a speedboat owned by a guy at Yesilkent,who i found out later didn't have insurance for passengers,and that made a big hole in our savings.Also if going on water sports make sure your holiday insurance covers this,not that i was taking part.to old for that lol,he was just in a hurry to get back against the high waves as he had others to take out

PAT
YESILKENT