Please support these Charities which have been selected by our members
by Lyn 26 Aug 2012, 06:42
There is a charity swim today with six people swimming from Marti Sitesi on the Yesilkent road to Tuntas beach. They will be starting at around 1:00 o'clock from Marti, finishing around 2:20 or so at Tuntas. The swim has been arranged again by the charity group 'Help in Hands' with all collected funds going for local charities.

Sponsorship forms have been around Didim/Altinkum for a few weeks but if you would like to meet the swimmers at Tuntas you could donate a few Lira there.

Could any outstanding forms and donations be brought to Tuntas today please. Thank you.
by PJRichards 26 Aug 2012, 06:45
Aw, wish this were next week when we are there, never mind.

Good luck all you volunteers.
by Barton 26 Aug 2012, 07:32
Sorry I am not there to support you, but well done and hope you raise lots of cash
by phillanddi 26 Aug 2012, 13:56
we went down and watched them come in well done to all its a long way
they did very well i was walking round with 10 tl in my hand and couldnt
find anyone to give it too :o so i gave it to one of the guys that come out
of the water the poor bloke was nackered

well done again to all that swam i couldnt have done it :D :D

phill and diane marina gateway

bought from turkish home sweet home have tapu + no regrets
by Lyn 26 Aug 2012, 14:18
Phill, the man you gave the 10 TL to was Dave (a biggish bloke with an England cap on his head) who is 69 years old but still finished the swim. Thank you very very much for the donation. The six swimmers included three "ex-pats" and three Turkish guys which shows we can "get on" together. Thanks to all that donated.

All six of the swimmers finished the swim and the final amount raised for charity will be announced here shortly (once it's all been counted). There are still some outstanding sponsorship forms yet to be collectaed and they need to be handed to Help-in-Hands ASAP so the final amount can be announced.

Well done to all that took part.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by phillanddi 26 Aug 2012, 16:14
yes thats him Lyn the guy with the england cap on and he looks well for 69
i would have nocked 10 years off him they all did very well :D :D

phill and diane marina gateway

bought from turkish home sweet home have tapu + no regrets
by Lyn 27 Aug 2012, 08:52
We're best of friends with Dave and his wife Pat. I'll pass on your kind comment.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.