Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by ted j 20 Jul 2017, 10:46
No this was way down marina road , the road is Sok 507 , accessed by turning down Sok 509 , right opposite an electric station
by durham rader 20 Jul 2017, 11:50
The dogs are a problem I used walk every morning up past Royal Marina up to the Marina Road (before it was open ) then along and down by the mosque, but the dogs were everywhere most were ok but did get some scary moments . And with only shorts and tee shirt felt very vulnerable . And we also have kept Dogs for many years . Dogs are only as good or Bad as there owners ,so if you have bad owners who abandon there dogs you now have a bad street dog .

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by oldfogy 20 Jul 2017, 12:42
ted j wrote:The dogs were here before you
tossers

So the dogs were here before you!!!!!!!!

I don't think so, as most of these dogs were born since you arrived which also just goes to show how effective the Capture neuter/spade and release programme is working.
yes i like dogs 'hate cats' but would still advocate culling them, they will never get rid of all of them but at least it would be a start.
by ted j 20 Jul 2017, 14:07
It's just the completeley blinkered view that gets me .....dogs do no wrong , they don't attack unless threatened etc
These morons don't live in the real world , I only hope that no small child relative of theirs ever gets hurt
by Tommo 20 Jul 2017, 18:12
Hi Durham Radar is right I know of a Family throughout a large Wolf type dog on the streets and now have two small dogs its a joke :roll:
by Juco 20 Jul 2017, 20:35
A few years back and the mere mention of dogs and it would have been world war 3, in fact it got so bad the topic was banned back then.

Juco
by trevor and ann 22 Jul 2017, 08:40
perhaps the do gooders are all back in the uk now supporting all the illegal immigrants.
by St Domingo 25 Jul 2017, 11:40
Yes totally agree that the dogs are a real issue. We have faced aggressive dogs twice when quietly minding our own business so it makes me angry when some people say you must have done something to 'provoke' them :evil: :evil:

The town is struggling enough with a lack of British tourists and the dog situation certainly doesn't help :(

nil satis nisi optimum
by ted j 25 Jul 2017, 13:55
trevor and ann wrote:perhaps the do gooders are all back in the uk now supporting all the illegal immigrants.

One of them is but the rest seem to be still here
Incidentally , some friends of ours do work at the animal shelter, most of the dogs are passive but it is the aggressive ones on the streets that the do gooders don't believe exist
by oldfogy 25 Jul 2017, 14:42
I wouldn't say the ones by GS2 were aggressive and certainly NOT overly aggressive, just very over friendly especially what seems to be the youngest one who wants to keep jumping up onto you.