Sponsor

Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by irnbru630 17 Jan 2010, 20:21
was in the million shop today and she did say you can use the old lira in there still .ie: the YTL as she will just take them to the bank when she does her own banking of the millions spent in there :)
by leylaasena 17 Jan 2010, 20:44
The million shop in Didim town by the park will take them too, he asked me to tell everyone

Bev
xx
by oldfogy 24 Jan 2017, 22:24
Old thread but time to bring it back to life.

2 things,
Firstly very sorry to hear of the fire that gutted the shop http://old.voicesnewspaper.com/modules. ... 0&sid=3940
Mystery blaze guts Million Shop
Posted on Thursday, April 15 @ 06:55:04 not quite sure of the year but this is a old topic and Thankfully not something that has recently happened.

And finally does anyone know if they sell electric power drills with hammer action and if so how much,nothing too expensive but at least a 3/8" chuck, or has anyone got one for sale please.
by oldfogy 24 Jan 2017, 23:09
Juco wrote:Drill.... For all the use it will get in Turkey I would check ebay and take it out with you. You may get a cheapo bargain.
OR
Screwfix......
http://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-enb46 ... 240v/99423

Actually I already have the identical machine as this one except it has a AEG lable on it, but mainly I was trying to avoid paying luggage costs, although for my next trip I'm already over my limit and also short on space and will have to pay for luggage so might just give buying one here some consideration. if no one can let me know how much they cost in Turkey, only I know and appreciate some things are way over priced out there and on the other-hand some things are dirt cheap.
by Lyn 25 Jan 2017, 06:36
THE Help-in-Hands auction held at Cash's Bar on the 1st. Tuesday of the month often has drills up for auction. Ex-Pats selling up and moving on regularly sell tools at the auction.

The next auction is on February 7th.

Cash's Bar. Go down the side road next to the big Migros in Didim (not the old Tansas) and when you reach the cross-road (300 Yds along) turn right and Cash's is just along there.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Sharon Knight 25 Jan 2017, 14:57
Whatever you do dont buy a cheap chinese drill, they are cheaper yes but absolute rubbish. If you dont fancy a trip to Soke to Tekan, try the diy/tile shop on the road that goes off Attaturk Buvl towards the hospital. I think its Saygin Emlak on the corner, and a few doors down is a diy shop, we bought a Black & Decker one for about £40 in there with two batteries and a free drill pack. Even cheaper that at home,

Sharon
by oldfogy 25 Jan 2017, 15:47
Thanks for all the input and advice, Lynn that would be a good option but maybe a bit hit and miss if there was one going or not and I want to get started as soon as I arrive, Plus the driller needs to be fairly good as I need to drill some holes all the way through the outside wall to install cables for waterproof outdoor sockets on a couple of balconies, and at least if there was a problem with the driller it's easier to get resolved when I come back home sooner than trying to deal with a Turkish shop. So,

Basically because of all the rubbish (Bits and pieces) I will be taking over and as I have to pay for some baggage anyway I will Buy one in the UK and take it over with me. But at the moment I also need to get a bigger suitcase as I only have my cabin bags here in the UK.