Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by patricia 19 Mar 2011, 16:24
As reported in this weeks voices. you will read that the pool we have had for 6 years has been half demolished.Contractors turned up last Sunday with JCB and paper work to give the go ahead.Erdi and Ege from the Blue were arguing for over an hour with them,and if it wasn't for them getting their own workers to remove the railings they would have been gone as well.We got no letter or warning as to what the problem was,but seemingly the emlak from Wonder Homes.Murat Yayla had not registered it,but the council had another parcel number for it,not mine.The head ones from Aydin came on Thursday to see it and take photos and it is now with a solicitor to get compensation(well,we will see!!)The Jcb cut the electric cables the first night,so no electric in Yesilkent.burst the main water pipe.burdt thruogh our seage pipe,what a farce.Next day a bigger JCB had to come as the wall around was so well built the drill would not go through,after that the rubble and iron work is all lying around,we have a makeshift ladder to get in and out the house.So will have to wait and see what happens next.might be a long wait,this is Turkey

PAT
YESILKENT
by PJRichards 19 Mar 2011, 16:31
OMG whatever next. Thats is sooo awfull and with the summer on its way too. What on earth are they thinking. 6 years is a long time to have a pool. Couldnt they have just left it????
by patricia 19 Mar 2011, 16:54
they came on a sunday when the Belidye is closed,or if there was a problem we could have filled it in.The contractors come from the East and dont get paid until the job is done.The thing is when the villa was completed they came to check all was ok

PAT
YESILKENT
by water 19 Mar 2011, 17:09
Just read it in Voices, this is so awful for you and Craig, can't beleive what they've done. Bet you are livid, it's so upsetting for you both. Said it the other day that this is a crazey country and now that this has happened it confirms it. If we can do anything at all to help you just give me a call, hope you can get help from the powers that be. Thinking of you, Sue and Eric
by Lyn 19 Mar 2011, 17:43
Sorry Pat. I didn't want to put anything on here before this travesty went into the public domain. I can't say how sorry we both are over this bullshit (please pardon my wording) but I do feel so angry over this. I know Craig was "quite upset" last week when this all came to the fore. I would have been the same if not more. Hopefully there will be a "happy" ending to this but it might take some time. The very, very best of luck with your solicitor. Speak to you later tonight.

Lyn and Mary
by altinkum kev 19 Mar 2011, 17:51
Why dont we all get together and march up to the mayors office and demand it gets put right now instead of waiting for the courts,you never know it may work.

by gazzer 19 Mar 2011, 18:10
Sounds like a plan to me Kev....worth giving it a go!!

Gary

Loving it here in Bulgaria !!...Here to help if required!!.
by sharon and eric 19 Mar 2011, 19:04
There were loads of reading about it in the dentist this morning and we were all speachless. I am so sorry that this has happened to you and that they sort it out really soon. Take care.

I love my computer, my friends live in it.
by PaulandKim 19 Mar 2011, 19:24
Well you could all get arrested :roll: like the group from the Rising sun did a few years back when they protested about their water being cut :shock: Hope you get it sorted.

Kim x
by Barbarab 19 Mar 2011, 23:08
OMG Pat & Craig so sorry to read this about your pool, I'm trying to picture the state you have been left with, how on earth are you getting the dogs out with a make shift ladder as well as yourselves. I heard that there was a pool problem in Yesliteppe but never thought they were also going to attack the pools in Yeslikent. We are both thinking of you, see you soon, hoping this is sorted asap.
Barbara & Raymond

Bought in 2003, have no regrets. Enjoy relaxing in our home in the sun.