Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by Clare1 20 Jan 2013, 16:47
Hello Everyone,

Keith and Lynn have kindly let me join this group to let you all know about a Ladies Self-Defence Course that is starting in Didim on 6th Feb 2013. This is a beginner’s course for ladies only and we will be covering the basics in self-defence and personal awareness.

It will be a 10 session course covered in 5 weeks on a Wednesday and Friday morning at the Taekwondo salon. The salon is great, all padded flooring, changing rooms and completely private.

The course was advertised in voices newspaper just before Christmas and again this week online - here is the link

http://www.voicesnewspaper.com/modules. ... e&sid=5649

I can confirm that the course will start on 6th February 2013 on Wednesday at 10:00am and each session last 1 hour. The cost is 10 lira per session.

The course is run by Dr Ozlem Kurdoglu and I am assisting her with the practical side of things.

If anyone wants to know any more details then please e-mail Dr Ozlem at dr.didim@gmail.com

Thanks for your time ;)
by dr ozlem 10 Feb 2013, 15:49
think strong. feel secure. find out how to extract yourself out of annoying situations with as minimal trauma as possible.

this is what it takes to feel much more at ease despite life's possible nasty turns, quirks and antics: take the self defence classes. put the "readiness" in your pocket.

feel the shift in your confidence.
by dr ozlem 10 Feb 2013, 15:54
Hello ladies,

Dear Clare Bitkay and I have completed the first week of our classes. The first day one lady showed up, but on Friday we had 5 in the session, including a couple of daughters :)

I read one of the ladies comment that she couldn't make the Fridays. Please feel free to inform me which days and hours would be best for you if you are interested: dr.didim@gmail.com.

We can use that kind of feedback to determine which days to go for on the next round of 5 weeks, so that the maximum number of ladies wishing to attend can do so.

Also, if Wednesdays and Fridays between 10-11 a.m. are okay for you for these 4 weeks, please feel free to merge in as it is not too late yet. We can organise a couple of extra hours to fill newcomers in and get them up to date.

I also wish to thank dear Tanya Howell very much for her appreciation and great support of our effort.

Thanks in advance for your attention,

Dr Oz
by dr ozlem 10 Feb 2013, 16:02
The self-defence course is for ladies of all ages, from 10 to 100.

What we teach is how to think and act yourself out of any oncoming "uh-oh" situations that might involve physical violence.

We take mental cues, warm up, learn the common denominator moves applicable for all ages, stretch and cool down, and go home feeling great.

Come and benefit from the 6 times certificated neuroscientific knowledge of a general practitioner doctor with 15 years of medical experience, plus 22 years of workouts with various branches of Martial Arts.

by Blueocean 26 Jul 2014, 17:45
Hi Clare, this self defence group sounds amazing ! My name is Surriya and I am originally from Glasgow , Scotland. I have an apartment in altinkum , I'm planning to go out to altinkum beginning of September , just wondering if I could meet up with any females , women social groups to make friends , I don't know anyone in turkey , and would not feel comfortable going around as a women on my own , and don't want the Turkish men to think I'm looking for a man, just wanting to make friends and hang out , and do activities and hobbies together !
love to hear from you !
by Blueocean 26 Jul 2014, 18:01
Hi , my name is Surriya ! I'm planning to go out to altinkum on a regular basis , as I have an apartment there.
Looking to make friends , in particular any womens social groups , hobbies groups , I plan to come out beginning of September , would love to meet up with any other women who are on their own and would like to hang out , I'm originally from Glasgow , Scotland. I work as a nurse in Glasgow and have two grown up kids ! Just love turkey ! And wanting to get away from this rainy weather in Glasgow and enjoy the good weather, beautiful country turkey , the amazing food and make friends !
Look forward or hearing from you !
Surriya.