Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by SmokeOs 22 Mar 2015, 19:49
Hi guys new on here, Been too Altinkum many times before and coming out again in June but with the new E visa laws I was just wondering is it still possible to pay the £20 cash at Bodrum Airport for entry or do you now have to go the online E visa route and when does this become mandontary? Thanks.
by Juco 22 Mar 2015, 21:20
As far as I am aware you can still purchase at the airport but cheaper to do online.

Juco
by oldfogy 22 Mar 2015, 22:11
I purchased my first e-visa just last week and found it so simple and no surprises, apart from asking for 'Mother and Fathers maiden names' which then do not appear anywhere on the visa, so no-doubt a security measure.
From start to finish (and taking it slowly because I read everything twice) it took me about 15 before I had the printed copy in my hands.

The only one thing I forgot to take note of was the exact cost which came up as $20 + (I think $1 as a admin fee).

Out of curiosity I have also since re-opened the email link that was sent and if needs be I could still download the e-visa again.

Also the wording from the help file was 'in case it's asked for' keep a hard/paper copy on you' although it shouldn't be needed, but just in case, to be on the safe side I also forwarded the email to my mobile (also as suggested) so if I need it I have it there also, although it is unlikely because the evisa is linked on their system by your passport date.

I believe it's the same process at the point of entry but using their computer booth after maybe joining a queue of people in the same situation.
So yes as juco suggests, just buy a e-visa (up-to 3 months before travelling) but only starts from the date you input on the application, not only to save some cash but also to avoid that which you may have to do in their booth on arrival.

Edit:
Just out of interest and curiosity I just checked my bank statement and it shows the e-visa transaction as:

Turkish E-Visa £14.04
Non-STG Transfer Fee £00.41
Non-STG Purchase Fee £1.00

Which is a total of £15.45
by Bugsy 23 Mar 2015, 07:57
I am suprised it has not been mentioned to only use the official site otherwise you will be scammed into paying up to £80.00.
The site is:- https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Also, although I don't need to use it as I am a resident, I believe there is a question on there and people often look for the answer 'Turkey', but this is not what they are asking for, as it is a Turkish Visa you are applying for!!
The answer is about you, so British or UK Citizen is the answer!!
Sorry, might have this bit slightly wrong, but hope you get the gist of what I am saying when you apply.
by Sharon Knight 23 Mar 2015, 09:56
Dont know about Bodrum airport, but I have recently returned from a week in Antalya and they have the visa machines installed and up and running there, wouldn't normally have noticed, but there were quite a few on our flight that had not purchased the visa beforehand so were directed to the machines.

sharon :D
by webb89 23 Mar 2015, 10:28
It seems to me that, in light of current events, everyone should have to obtain a visa before travel.

If you are able to just pitch up in Turkey hand over the money and walk in the only purpose of the visa is to raise revenue.

If you apply before hand in your country of residence it is quite simple to start the filtering process which could prevent young would be Jihadists from using Turkey as a staging post to 'Paradise'.
by oldfogy 23 Mar 2015, 12:29
Bugsy wrote:I am suprised it has not been mentioned to only use the official site otherwise you will be scammed into paying up to £80.00.
The site is:- https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Also, although I don't need to use it as I am a resident, I believe there is a question on there and people often look for the answer 'Turkey', but this is not what they are asking for, as it is a Turkish Visa you are applying for!!
The answer is about you, so British or UK Citizen is the answer!!
Sorry, might have this bit slightly wrong, but hope you get the gist of what I am saying when you apply.

2nd part 1st,
Yes at the beginning it asks what country, rather poorly worded but as you know it is asking 'From which country are you applying'

1st part, TBH there are some things we/I get fed up with which is people jumping in (no one so far on this thread) asking questions before even doing the smallest of searches, which and where using the official site has been mentioned on many occasions along with some of the rip-off fees other sites may charge, obviously a expensive lesson but may encourage people to try searching first, then come back as I think the OP has done to confirm what he/she thinks.
Or to put it another way, it's not always humanly possible to remember, recall and suggest everything that should be noted, so sometimes thing slide on by and maybe go unmentioned. (but not for long in this case)
by SmokeOs 23 Mar 2015, 17:52
Thanks for the helpful info people, Seems the online Visa is pretty much the way to go. Once again thanks.
by JJH 24 Mar 2015, 09:42
Last year got Visas no problem but tried last Saturday and
got very stressed and frustrated , the sight must have been
in overload I completed everything quickly but didn't get a
Email back for about 30mins after 15mins sent another email
but heard nothing again for about 30mins by this time getting
stressed eventually got email approved it filled CC details off
it went no confirmation whatsoever, checked bank account
not taken out so will try again today can only think there was a
lot of demand.
by oldfogy 24 Mar 2015, 14:53
I've read some people had problems with certain Credit Cards, but not sure which one/s.

Not sure how quickly you checked your bank, but mine did not show up the same night.
You can go back to the booking site and select the ongoing visa setting (just not the one for a new visa) then you should be able to access and hopefully see what it's saying.

I know it's only been a week for me since I got mine but I'm fairly sure I received 2 emails, the first one with confirmation and a small download link followed by a second one with a much bigger download link.
Unfortunately I have since been having a mad clear-out in some of my folders and can now only find the confirmation email with the link.

Also check your ISPs spam box 'just in case'