Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by Sharon Knight 21 Apr 2017, 14:04
Have just been told by a friend in Altinkum that the bank branch nr Carrefour has closed this week and moved up to Yenihisar. Does anyone know where the new bank branch is please,

Thanks

Sharon
by ted j 21 Apr 2017, 16:36
It's a few doors down from big Migros sharon
by Lyn 22 Apr 2017, 06:09
Yes Sharon, the new Garanti Bank is more or less opposite Ziraat Bank on the Blvd.

I used to be indecisive, but now I think I'm better.
by Sharon Knight 22 Apr 2017, 07:34
Many thanks to you both for the answers. I assume it's the new building that was being tiled a few weeks ago at the end of Kavala Caddesi, just across from the old Post Office building,

Sharon :D
by elizaflint 29 Apr 2017, 07:18
A lot of people seem to use this bank, is this because of especially good interest rates? Is it secure and do the good rates last beyond the first month?

eliza
by Bill H 29 May 2017, 12:04
Well, we have been going to Altinkum for quite a few years now, and we have ALWAYS used Garanti, probably not because of a better rate of interest, but much more likely that they provide an excellent service.
by annabelle 30 May 2017, 08:49
elizaflint wrote:A lot of people seem to use this bank, is this because of especially good interest rates? Is it secure and do the good rates last beyond the first month?

Garanti is one of the largest privately owned Banks in Turkey and know for its good customer service .
Many Turkish people use the Government owned Banks as they think they are more secure ,
these are the Halk Bankasi and the Ziraat Bankasi
We personally used the Is Bank and the HSBC for convenience .
Think there all pretty much the same and all have the same security limits not sure what that is these days Ann :)