Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by St Domingo 27 May 2017, 08:00
Just back from another 2 weeks and glad to report that the resort is looking better and better with lots of improvements to the roads etc and the sea front is looking good with all of the well maintained flower beds and cleaning etc giving the resort a bright positive look.

The downside was that it was probably the quietest we'd seen it in May during the last 12 years as whilst the bars on the front ie Toy Bar, Iqbals etc were busy, many of the bars off the front were very quiet. Even Reds in Yesilkent was very quiet when we went but not sure that was because they now charge for the beds and the beer was 12.50 lira.
We did manage to bump into Lyn briefly but as we were on the way into the Wiganer he was on the way out and had had a few not sure that he will remember ;) :)
Can't wait until next time and to the time we get a one way ticket is edging ever closer :D 8-)

nil satis nisi optimum
by elizaflint 27 May 2017, 10:24
Thanks for this really positive post ... I am feeling pretty fed up with England at the moment so it's wonderful to have the alternative ...

eliza
by St Domingo 28 May 2017, 10:09
And what a great alternative Altinkum is Eliza :D 8-)

nil satis nisi optimum
by elizaflint 28 May 2017, 16:36
Do you think it might be a bit "samey" long term ... of course it is always possible to visit other places as well ... and the sun is just more relaxing anyway, I think it would be easier to accept and welcome a slower pace of life ....
Eliza

eliza
by oldfogy 28 May 2017, 19:18
There are a few moans and groans from Bar owners on the front, mainly from Topkapi Ergin rossi, only apparently he's complaining at he council taking away all the tables and chairs from outside the bars and restaurants last week Without any notice or warnings.
by Tommo 29 May 2017, 10:03
We went to Rosses a couple of times they put on a good show and the Sea Bass was good but my complaint would be that they are letting to many cars vans etc along the front and if they keep it up people will not want to eat down there :roll:
by Kim 30 May 2017, 11:52
the price of beer is mostly tax, now more expensive than most of uk, certainly more expensive than southern spain. turkish president is pricing turkey out of the holiday market.
posted by jim

Kim
by St Domingo 30 May 2017, 21:46
Forgot to mention that even the old hassle alley is being 'done up' as they had fenced off the area where the camels used to be and were landscaping it :)

nil satis nisi optimum
by oldfogy 31 May 2017, 10:43
Was in My Eden last night and the food was good, but the sign outside said Efes 7TL but on the bill it was 10TL but this only cropped up in conversation when walking along the front so did not ask why.
Topkapi seemed the worst for customers with just 2 customers whilst all other had about a 50% occupancy, seems too many of his stories such as the Turtle egg nests have come back and bit him where i hurts with people not wanting to know him