Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by ted j 31 May 2017, 19:48
Having avoided this place like the plague, as much as possible, I eventually went in there today............I was right to stay away, every bloody shop it was "Hello mate, where are you from, do you want to come and look at my shop "

I got fed up of saying "Look I bloody live here, I don't want to buy your overpriced watches tat/ t shits etc
Why oh why do they think that pressure selling will make anyone buy anything, they want reporting for hasseling .....one guy said "Why don't you want to buy one of my designer watches?"to which I replied "I bought a watch from you last year........the battery died and you tried to rip me off on a replacement"...........the place should be shut down
by St Domingo 01 Jun 2017, 06:35
Totally agree!! We hate going in there and rarely do because of the hassle which they aren't supposed to do!

nil satis nisi optimum
by elizaflint 01 Jun 2017, 17:15
Good tip, I will stay clear, but probably difficult for business at the moment so maybe understandable to some extent

eliza
by Juco 01 Jun 2017, 17:23
Good tip, I will stay clear, but probably difficult for business at the moment so maybe understandable to some extent

No it has been that way for the last 12 years!

Juco
by ted j 01 Jun 2017, 19:20
They just don't get it
I was on the lookout for a pair of canvas summer shoes to wear instead of sandals, tried 2 shops and in both was told "these are good......leather" I explained that I didn't want leather to no avail in the first shop, the second actually had canvas but couldn't get my size, he gave me a pair of obviously too big shoes, so to shut him up, I tried them on, they were miles too big, on pointing this out, the cheeky bastard tried to tell me they would be ok with thick socks
That is why they lose custom, people don't want hassle on holiday, we just don't put up with it and I won't be going in there again, if they lose business and have to shut the place down, it's not my fault

It's like some of the shops where somebody follows you round like a shadow , virtually up your backside, I have actually told someone "Look, I'm not going to pinch anything , leave me alone or I will walk out" and have done 3 times this year, they simply don't get people want to browse not be pressurised or watched like a bloody shoplifter

It's exactly the same with some swimming pool shops.......160 lira for a transformer that you can buy at Atasoy, just before big Kipa for 55 lira , and our guy was honestly amazed when I told him......... the pool shops agree an exorbetent price then all charge that
He took our LED lights back to one shop after 6 months, they were filled with water. They were supposed to have a 2 year guarantee , the guy at a certain pool shop argued with him but eventually said he would change them for new
When the time came (last week) to put them back in, he opened the sealed boxes and they were obviously reconditioned with yellowed scratched surrounds, he argued with said pool shop for 25 minutes till they agreed to give us new ones (if you want the name of the robbing bastards PM me )
by oldfogy 03 Jun 2017, 12:04
Ted if you want a good deal in there, try M&T (Mehmet Tekdemir) on th ground floor right hand side going in from ataturk Blv.
tell him youre a friend of Paul but don't take his 1st 2nd 3rd 4th or even 5th price, and does not take offense even after drinking his tea and still not buying anything. But you have to admire him as he is a tryer.