Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by mary 25 Oct 2017, 18:40
Has anybody noticed the pound is equal to 5 lira
by Juco 25 Oct 2017, 19:07
Yes was watching it today, be interesting to see how far it goes.

Not good for any that want to convert to Sterling to bring back to the UK.

Juco
by Kim 26 Oct 2017, 09:27
this is all due to erdogen and his policies

Kim
by oldfogy 26 Oct 2017, 23:11
although not quite at the 5 mark but changed a decent amount late last week at 4.8
by Kim 27 Oct 2017, 10:38
of course the world is putting financial pressure on turkey. they do not want to help a country who is led by none-secular tyrants who have imprisoned teachers, journalists, forces personnel, and anybody else who happens to disagree with their barbarism (i chose my words carefully when i said non-secular - i do not want to offend anybody, do i!)
posted by jim

Kim
by prover 28 Oct 2017, 13:29
Good point Kim, but no country can come anywhere near Germany for bullying. They are the masters at it.
by Shakespeares 29 Oct 2017, 12:05
With a colonial history like yours - that's rich!!
by prover 30 Oct 2017, 00:01
Talking about the EU at this point, Most European countries had colonies in the past.

**********************************************************************************

Last week, German Chancellor Angela Merkel asked EU leaders to cut pre-accession funds to Turkey, pointing to an "utterly unsatisfactory situation with regards to human rights."

Bloomberg published a report Wednesday, claiming that Germany was actively working to cut funding to Turkey from the country's state-owned KfW bank, the European Investment Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

According to the report, more than a dozen government and banking officials confirmed Germany's effort to cut funding to Turkey from the state-owned KfW bank as well as the European Investment Bank and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
by Kim 30 Oct 2017, 13:41
here we go again. shakespeares comment totally irrelevant to subject being discussed. every time i try a current, important topic this happens somewhere along the line.
posted by jim

Kim