Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by WRD60 24 Nov 2017, 08:08
It appears to be very quiet around Altinkum at the moment, no new postings on AA, and Voices has not updated all week.
Is there anybody there??
by Juco 24 Nov 2017, 09:14
no new postings on AA

The forum does tend to get quieter out of season, usually starts to pick up again around May when members thoughts are moving to holiday mode.

Juco
by ted j 24 Nov 2017, 11:03
It is really quiet here
Unsal from Martinos will close this weekend due to sparse customers , the front was really quiet yesterday dinnertime
Have a look at this, live CCTV from above the police station near Dolphin square You can expand to full screen

http://didim.bel.tr/sehir-d-85-didimi-izliyorum
by WRD60 24 Nov 2017, 12:09
Thanks Ted, I didn't realise that a camera was available, it looks quite busy but I guess that is just people strolling the promenade
by oldfogy 24 Nov 2017, 17:35
Juco wrote:
no new postings on AA

The forum does tend to get quieter out of season, usually starts to pick up again around May when members thoughts are moving to holiday mode.

But also NO notifications of new replies to posts doesn't help.
by durham rader 24 Nov 2017, 17:52
Just been looking at the camera on the front ,and it is busy, not with people but cars .

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by ted j 27 Nov 2017, 15:54
It is really quiet now
Caspers had about 25 or so in Friday , Faruk's about the same Saturday ........It rained again today (rainy season is upon us). The front is quiet most days the sea was choppy yesterday (the tide always seems to come in further in the winter ) Everyone apart from a few idiots who don't have any blood in them have overcoats on everywhere
A few bars near the shopping centre end of Dolphin square are still open (Apollo etc) and they have revamped what is now the Temple bar , way up the boulevard in Apollo court 2, who put a post on facebook today saying they have real cod in their fish and chips , so will try that out soon
by Tommo 27 Nov 2017, 20:07
Thanks Ted great to see the front again weather looks not bad compared to here in Belfast at the moment Have changed tactics next year with regarding flights we are going from Dublin direct to Izmir cutting out the two flights with Easy Jet and going instead with Air Lingus so will let you know how that goes Sorry I have not been on lately but have been up to are eyes and we will have less with Christmas and the music parties for the Homes etc but will try and keep in touch bye for now Tom and Mo :D :D
by oldfogy 28 Nov 2017, 20:10
ted j wrote:It is really quiet now
Caspers had about 25 or so in Friday , Faruk's about the same Saturday ........It rained again today (rainy season is upon us). The front is quiet most days the sea was choppy yesterday (the tide always seems to come in further in the winter ) Everyone apart from a few idiots who don't have any blood in them have overcoats on everywhere
A few bars near the shopping centre end of Dolphin square are still open (Apollo etc) and they have revamped what is now the Temple bar , way up the boulevard in Apollo court 2, who put a post on facebook today saying they have real cod in their fish and chips , so will try that out soon

Thanks for the confirmation, I always thought the tide came further in during the winter, but people always say,'it's NOT tidal.
by WRD60 01 Dec 2017, 11:42
We will be over again soon, so it is good to know that so many bars/restaurants are open through Winter, I don't think I have ever been to the Temple bar though, or whatever it was previously called.
We usually spend a lot of time watching the football in Charlies on 2nd beach or Pinnochios, you get better Premiership football coverage in Altinkum than you do in the UK.