Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by Duke 18 Dec 2018, 19:13
Hi Folks have they switched off the cameras in Didim area as I've lost them on my iPad keeps coming "this website unobtainable"!!! Sorry if it's finger trouble on my behalf but could some kind soul post the correct web address for the cameras especially my favourite near Dolphin square sea front
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by Duke 13 Jan 2019, 12:48
Just viewing the front & it's packed looks more like bank holiday than a January day !! Anyone know what the occasion is ? Maybe it's the norm for locals to walk the prom every Sunday ? Us mere visitors only see the Sunshine Sunday's of Spring & Summer !!
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by michaelandanita 25 Jan 2019, 17:01
Looking at the cameras now, it looks very wet and windy with the sea coming over the promenade :shock:
Michael
by cookie6 26 Jan 2019, 06:31
I went over just after new year to paint inside of house
It was wet windy and cold
That was my first and last time to go over that time of year
by oldfogy 26 Jan 2019, 16:51
Although I did say at the start of last year after stopping for 3 months [November through to January] 'never again' during the winter but guess I'm a sucker for punishment, so went again last December and into January but was glad to get home as I was developing Pneumonia because of the cold and damp of which has still not gone away, but I am slowly improving.

So next winter most definitely somewhere Warm or even hot, just have to make sure it's not the monsoon season.
by Kim 27 Jan 2019, 11:38
a few years ago we made visits in january and then february, for 1 week only and came back with sun tans. must be global warming then!!
posted by jim

Kim
by durham rader 27 Jan 2019, 11:53
Just got back from The Gambia very hot there no time difference from UK and only 6.30 hours flight

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by durham rader 27 Jan 2019, 11:54
Looking at cameras now and very busy the front is full of cars and plenty people knocking about

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by oldfogy 27 Jan 2019, 14:47
Looking at how busy it looks makes one wonder if there wasn't some sort of event taking place.