Services Wanted, Offered or Recommended by Members
by johnnetplus 14 Apr 2015, 22:29
Remember a smart TV is only good if you have Internet available. Otherwise you won't see the benefit and features of the TV. So a basic LED TV should be considered maybe. Does anyone know if there are any freeview type of channels available in Turkey like we have in the UK?

Kind regards John
by Kim 15 Apr 2015, 09:41
i've got a smart tv. it fetches my slippers and everything!
posted by jim

Kim
by Lyn 15 Apr 2015, 10:04
Friends of ours bought a Smart TV about 2 years ago ( I believe from Vestel if my memory's right, but I might be wrong there)and it never worked, even when they got someone from the shop to set it up for them, so they sent it back and got an "ordinary" TV to replace it.

We bought a 42" Phillips from Migros just over 4 years ago at a good price (a mate bought one at the same time) and, "touch wood" neither of us has had any problem with them.

It seems you pays your money and takes your chance. :D :? :?

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Tommo 15 Apr 2015, 17:35
Thanks Lyn and to you all ill check out Teknosa and the new Kipa and just go for an ordinary flat screen cheers Tom :D :D
by Pete Jones 16 Apr 2015, 22:26
Smart TV's are only as smart as the user.I have a friend who bought a smart TV for a lot of money and has no idea how to use the majority of its functions.The moral is unless you are a really tech savvy just buy an ordinary TV like me i.e. you turn it on/off and you change channels and you will get a bigger HD or even 4G TV for your money.