Services Wanted, Offered or Recommended by Members
by suzi 05 May 2015, 08:08
Hello everyone, I have a bog standard fitted kitchen in my apartment. There is some damage along the piece of wood/plinth at the bottom of the cabinets.
I am looking at getting this replaced and was wondering where to go and also if i can just replace this bottom section or do i need to replace the whole outer units.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks Suzi.

many thanks suzi
by Juco 05 May 2015, 08:22
Kickboards, They are certainly available in the uk so would think also in Turkey, they normally screw on or held by clips.

by suzi 05 May 2015, 08:28
Yes I am hoping that they are like ours in the UK, the clip on ones. Not sure where to go for them so hoping someone knows on here.

many thanks suzi
by Lyn 05 May 2015, 08:59
There is an advert in last weekends Voices from an English speaking carpenter. The advert included "Work and repairs carried out" and "All quotes are free". It also mentioned kitchen units and cupboards. Might be worth giving him a ring. The number is 0546 790 9788 or 0531 672 5264. No name there though.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by suzi 05 May 2015, 09:13
Will have a look in voices. I'm hoping that i can find a kitchen place in Didim and just buy the board to fit myself when i come over.
Thanks for your replies .

many thanks suzi
by Juco 05 May 2015, 09:23
If all else fails maybe the industrial site on road to Akbuk will have something.

by oldfogy 05 May 2015, 11:11
You may need to consider that not all kick boards are a standard size, so you may need to plane down the height or shorten it.

No matter which type (Clip or Screw fixed) would it be possible to take the old damaged one and get the supplier to make sure it is cut to the correct size.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest