Stan's Independent Trading Post. Items for sale, swap, free, wanted etc (not property)
by puwer98 30 Sep 2012, 21:17
Just go to any of the above and ||Buy one

Moved back to UK on 6th July 2013 after 5 years and a half years.
by Ronsgame 01 Oct 2012, 15:00
Easier said than done Glynn. I bought one from Turkcell and it took me three times at the shop before I did manage to buy one. The complete lack of English on their part and a small part of Turkish on mine did not help.

Veronica

Live Simply. Love Generously. Care Deeply.
by Big Red 01 Oct 2012, 16:08
Dear Glynn thank you I HAVE AND DO HAVE ONE! this is a second one for my friend who is here we keep arguing who has the rights over a dongle and dont need two really but the expense will be too much!! I will take mine home and let the daughter have it! the other can stay here for myself when I come over then have the best of both worlds but thank you for the advice!!

Ps have lots of bottle tops to swap for a dongle???
Kx
by oldfogy 01 Oct 2012, 18:06
I have a nice:
Sierra Helix RT H6125W-W Router/Modem
http://www.nucleusnetworks.co.uk/3g-rou ... lix-rt.htm
http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/Suppor ... ix_RT.aspx

For sale, does not come with a SIM card so you would need to get one (or 2) from a Data supplier.
Basically it's a High speed Broad Band Internet with up to 7.2Mbps download and 2Mbps upload
3G Network Compatibility
Or to put it another way, it's a high-end fancy dongle, not like your 56KBps model.

Offers over £250 would be considered. (+ £25 P&P)
As can also be seen on eBay for well over £300.

The Sierra Helix RT is compatible with all UK 3G networks including Vodafone, 3 Mobile, T-Mobile, Orange and O2
Don't know about Turkish suppliers though.
by AndnMand 01 Oct 2012, 18:25
Big Red wrote:Dear Glynn thank you I HAVE AND DO HAVE ONE! this is a second one for my friend who is here we keep arguing who has the rights over a dongle and dont need two really but the expense will be too much!! I will take mine home and let the daughter have it! the other can stay here for myself when I come over then have the best of both worlds but thank you for the advice!!

Ps have lots of bottle tops to swap for a dongle???
Kx

the turkish dongle will not work in the uk, so no point taking it home ( if thats where home is that is )

Andy and Mandy xxx
by oldfogy 01 Oct 2012, 18:31
The dongle should work, it is the SIM card that will not be recognised.

Most ISP's will supply a SIM card free of charge, or at least o2 advertise them and I have never had to pay for one from a o2 shop, although on one occasion I did make the point of asking about a charge.

NB.
These SIM cards may look identicle to mobile phone SIMs but they are actually different, so don't try doing as some people have done which was to top-up the phones data mode expecting it to then work in their dongle.

Dongles from £4.35 (Buy it now price)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=d ... rom=&_ipg=
by Big Red 01 Oct 2012, 18:52
Sorry should have explained myself my daughter comes here for a month at a time so she can bring it with her save her a fortune on going to IC....thanks Mandy and Andy..Kx

Oldl fogey thank you so much for that info...but little too expensive for me hope you get a sale on here. Kx