Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 29 Apr 2014, 12:41
The cactus that Pat (Patricia) gave us before going back to the UK has come into flower. It's a shame that it only lasts 2/3 days. Hope I can get a photo when all of them are open.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 29 Apr 2014, 20:38
I heard once that Cacti only flower about once every ten years, but not sure if that's true or not.
by Lyn 30 Apr 2014, 06:05
The original three flowers are already wilting after only one day, but the others are taking their place ...

Reminds me of the film "Day of the Triffids". :shock: :shock:

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by PJRichards 30 Apr 2014, 06:16
OMG. what beautiful flowers. I have never seen one like that, it's so pretty. You will have to make a note and see if it does actually flower again before 10 years Lyn. I bet Mary is chuffed too.
I also heard its very few and far between flowering.
by annabelle 30 Apr 2014, 08:06
There lovely in Flower but sadly they don't last .
My Aunt had a massive assortment of Cactus .
When she died I took a few of them .
Some varieties only bloom every 20 years , some 10 years, some every year ,some just last one day ,others only bloom at night ,so it really depends on the variety you get. But they are pretty when in bloom :roll: Ann
by Lyn 30 Apr 2014, 08:38
Funnily enough Ann the new blooms on this one opened just before we went to bed last night.

by Lyn 19 May 2015, 09:23
Can't wait to see this year's bloom ...

I'll update this when it flowers. Once again, thanks Pat. ;) :D :D

by Lyn 20 May 2015, 07:26
24 hours later, with still another 4 to come.

by Lyn 16 May 2016, 10:35
Here we go this year again.

Waiting to flower.

Next day.