Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 09 Sep 2014, 12:50
We thought our cactus only flowered once a year or so, but this is the 5th lot of flowers it's had this year ...

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by PJRichards 11 Sep 2014, 05:37
It's lovely. You really must have green fingers Lyn/Mary............lol
by Lyn 08 Nov 2014, 10:33
... and still it flowers.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by scottie 08 Nov 2014, 12:28
They're really nice, Lyn.
I used to have a lovely collection of cacti in my previous home.
The secret to get them flowering several times a year is deny them water for a period(letting them dry out completely), then water and feed them. This process repeated after each flowering.
by JJH 08 Nov 2014, 17:17
What can I say one word BEAUTIFUL ;) :)
by Pete Jones 09 Nov 2014, 10:36
I know what you mean Lyn, I dont know if its because its unusually warm now but my roses have all suddenly bloomed again and the air is scented with all the different flowers.
Yesterday,before last nights storm there were even butterflies in the garden ,I wonder where they go to hide when the storms blow in ?
by rosal 10 Nov 2014, 08:40
Lovely photos of your cactus flowers, mind you your front terrace is a sun trap so everything should flourish, plus Mary's love and attention watering everything.
If you would be so kind, could you keep us up to date on the progress of the work that is going on on the Yesilkent road, I agree it would be a big improvement and remove the eyesore of all the tipped rubbish.
Kind regards, take care.
Alan & Rosalind.
by Lyn 10 Nov 2014, 11:28
Hi both. The road has been scraped and a lot of the dumped rubbish taken away but more has been tipped there since. No sign of any further work as yet. If things change over the winter I'll put some photos on here.