Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Derekfrizzel 25 Oct 2014, 15:50
A member was asking if the beach path was completed that links the main beach to the second beach. I had a look and took some photos. You can now walk from the harbour right along to the Tuntas hotel in second beach.

Here are the photos

I went for a walk to the newly built square to see the fountains but the fountains were not switched on.

Derek Frizzel
by oldfogy 25 Oct 2014, 23:41
Sorry but which and where is the new square?
Thanks
by PJRichards 26 Oct 2014, 06:28
Derek.......The fountains weren't working last June when we went up there.
They were full of rubbish, coke tins, water bottles, a wooden pallet and 2 of the marble slabs off the steps........We never saw them lit up at night either. Very disappointing as it was built especially for the community.
Phil, it is up AB on the left almost facing HSBC Bank..
by annabelle 26 Oct 2014, 09:10
And they still weren't working and full of rubbish last week also big holes in the square from were the drain covers have broken .
You need to be careful walking over the square in the dark .
Typical spending a fortune on Flagging there and use plastic drain covers .Ann :roll:
by oldfogy 26 Oct 2014, 15:10
Thanks for the update Pauline.

As for the new beach walkway, I think it will be good when completely finished and the embankments grown-over a little, although I bet a few of the shops/stalls/bars and restaurants along the new/old road/walkway might be complaining about lack of impulse customers.

A couple of years ago outside the Tuntas they were extending the walkway past the hotel, although a bit on the narrow side, but at least it did the job and I must admit back then it would have been a more pleasurable stroll along the whole front instead of having to walk down the roadway etc.
Although I also bet there were a few complaints from properties losing their privacy with people now being able to walk through the 'so-called' private beach's, such as the couple of nightclubs and the hotel between main beach and second beach just about where it actually changes. (lovely hotel but can't remember it's name)
by garymbrock 27 Oct 2014, 19:43
Thanks Derek
This also is going from the boat mourings round underneath Kamachi's along by the steps and up near where Veranda bar was and along there. If they get going this winter on that end (not now) would you take a shot or two please. Thanks again for these they're great.
by Derekfrizzel 28 Oct 2014, 06:55
I remember attempting to walk between the two beaches when I was over last year and it was not possible unless you waded through the sea.

This year you can do it but there is still a small area where there are rocks that get soaked by the tide and are slippy.

The job looked rushed but at least you can get along. A lot of work is being done creating either floating or fixed jettys where sunbeds are placed.

I will have a look again next year when I am over and take some more pictures.

I am sure that Tommy may assist and put more photos on as he stays in the resort all year round and I saw a post from him in the winter last year who mentioned the work being done.

Derek Frizzel
by prover 28 Oct 2014, 19:36
Is the coast path finished? It looks a bit of a mess.
by Pete Jones 29 Oct 2014, 16:27
The beach path is not what I would call finished and doesnt go the whole way to main beach it stops just short of the Sultans and Kings but there is the original narrow strip of beach there so you can walk between the two beaches its just a bit narrow towards main beach.
During the summer the bars,hotels and Medusa covered this walk way in sunbed and seem to have "adopted" the pathway as their property.I walked along there one day and they had boys from Medusa trying to charge me for entering their private beach area.Obviously I told them to do one and that it was public area and just ignored them and walked on through.
by prover 30 Oct 2014, 18:01
I remember them making that piece of beach by Sultans and Kings. It was the winter of 2003/4 - maybe 2002/3.They had JCBs digging the sand from beneath the water line.
We where betting whether they would get stuck in the water!