Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by chewy 05 Jan 2015, 14:00
A few images to get me thinking about Turkey and my next visit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by mwright 05 Jan 2015, 16:34
looks great, cant wait till May, was looking at flights this weekend. A good few Effes will be had at Aldente, Reds and Blue! Maybe some of the residents can post a few pics of Yesilkent now as this is torchering me. Seen a few posts on FB with the torrential rain, that makes me feel a bit better whilst we are all cold and wet!

Regards
Mark
by JJH 05 Jan 2015, 16:45
Thanks for giving us our Tinky fix lol!
Always lovely to see photos as you say gets you in the spirit
reminiscing :D :) ;)

Anybody out there can put a few more on and report any changes
would be very much appreciated, is there any building work being
done at Romeos would be lovely to see if possible.
by Lyn 05 Jan 2015, 21:37
Just got back to Yesilkent an hour ago so will be out and about over the next few days so watch this space. (I'll also put on quite a few photos of our stay in Istanbul on the way to the UK. Some of them you might not have seen before unless you've been to Istanbul).

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by JJH 06 Jan 2015, 21:34
Thanks again Lyn, also looking forward to an update
:D
by Lyn 07 Jan 2015, 08:13
I've got quite a lot of photos' of Istanbul so I'll remove some if Admin thinks there are too many.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by rosal 07 Jan 2015, 08:30
Looking forward to seeing some new photos, will possibly be out in early April for a few days. Seasons greetings and kind regards to you and Mary.
Alan & Rosalind.
by Lyn 07 Jan 2015, 11:19
The hotel we stayed at in the SultanAhmet region in the "Old " part of the city

Looking from the bar towards the entrance and then from the entrance towards the bar

December 19th blooms in Istanbul

One of Istanbul's Metro System trains

One of Istanbul's tourist Zabita high-speed chase cars

The Hippodrome is a very big central open area with the Blue Mosque etc around it.

The Blue Mosque with a minaret still under repair

The Hagia Sophia at the other end of the Hippodrome

The Walled Obelisk with the Theodosius Obelisk in the distance, and then the explanation pillar for the walled obelisk which I have in large print if anyone is interested

The Theodosius Obelisk then the explanation pillar for it. Again I have large print

At the other end of the Hippodrome is the German Fountain followed by the explanation pillar

An SGK hospital in the centre and then with the Metro passing. Just as well they're electric and quiet

The museum of Turkish and Islamic Art in the centre of the Hippodrome

The Hippodrome fountains with the Hagia Sophia on the extreme left

Out and about. One of the tour buses we used to see Istanbul. Be aware that if a ticket costs 90TL per person then it's a two day ticket and it's a jump off- jump on service. They provide earphones and the usual "select your language" for an in-depth explanation of what you see (as you see it) on the tour

A Christian Church in Istanbul

Two cable-car pods coming down from the Piyer Lott restaurant at the top of the mountain

The British Consulate in Istanbul (taken from the top of a moving bus)

For our members from the North of England to make them feel at home in Istanbul

One of the two road bridges across the Bosphorous, with Asia in the distance

... and one of the two Metro bridges crossing the same

The Bosphorous taken from the road bridge

A cross-Bosphorous ferry loading with another Metro going by, and then the last few cars boarding

Taksim Square (where the riots started last year)

The Asian side of the road bridge on the way to a museum (though now I can't remember what it was about)

The Hagia Sophia taken from the back (Bosphorous) side, and then the Blue Mosque taken the same way

A bit close to the end of the runway? No, it's a transport museum with this fighter at the entrance

And lastly, Mary getting directions in the restaurant where we ate every day, it was that good. The restaurant is called Kayıkcı and we can thoroughly recommend it

by JJH 07 Jan 2015, 15:27
It looks amazing would love to go and see all the amazing buildings etc. Flew to Istanbul and then to Bodrum but never saw any of the wonderful sites.
Thanks again Lyn for the pics. :D