Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 15 Jul 2015, 10:50
Just a few I took a few days ago with some new places open ...

What used to be Tansas is now Migros.

A weekend market at the new Ataturk park.

The new coffee-shop franchise just up from the Roka.

The old Nivana Bar is now called the Fener.

The new Is Bank. It's 2 doors up from the Circus restaurant.

Atabai is supposed to be stopping kerbside traders.

Getting busier. Parking is a bloody nightmare though. This was taken outside the Temple Hotel.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by elizaflint 15 Jul 2015, 12:16
Hi, Lyn,
thanks for the great photos, the usual lifeline for those of us who can't get out at the moment! Can I just ask, has the "Destina" taken over from "alo 24" they do look quite the same!
Thanks again
Eliza

eliza
by St Domingo 15 Jul 2015, 12:35
Well in Lyn.....can't believe we aren't out again until October :cry:

nil satis nisi optimum
by Lyn 15 Jul 2015, 13:02
elizaflint wrote:Hi, Lyn,
thanks for the great photos, the usual lifeline for those of us who can't get out at the moment! Can I just ask, has the "Destina" taken over from "alo 24" they do look quite the same!
Thanks again
Eliza

Hi.

No, ALO24 is a lot further down Ataturk Blvd than Destina. Destina is close to ROCA which is next door to the new coffee shop, and the Migros petrol station just a little further up the Blvd.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 15 Jul 2015, 17:47
Yes thanks Lyn.

>> A weekend market at the new Ataturk park.

I'm pretty sure that's where a took a walk around back in mid May when it looked like they were just starting to set-up the tents/stalls, so obviously very pleased to see what it actually was that was being set-up.
by Tommo 15 Jul 2015, 18:20
Thanks Lyn the photos are great I will have the grand children out in August and its another place I can walk wee Riley round .Do you know is it all weekend or just Saturdays I think I would get burn,t out with the three days just jokeing anyway thanks again Lyn ill try and get some photo,s on when we come back cheers Tom :D :D
by Lyn 16 Jul 2015, 07:20
Not sure Tom, but it seemed to be there and doing business every time we went passed.

by colinA1 16 Jul 2015, 10:17
Lyn,

I was told it was only there for the duration of Ramadan.

Colin and Linda