Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 16 Jun 2016, 15:05
If you have a look at the 2nd photo of the KUM bar (the one after the 2 villas there) you can see the signpost for the REDs which is down the little hill to the left. It's Taner's brother that's built the KUM bar (Taner being the owner of the REDs)

If my Turkish is right then "KUM" means sand as in Altinkum = Golden-Sand.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by elizaflint 16 Jun 2016, 15:55
Thanks as ever for the photos, I have heard that the Aurum Moon has been ordered to remove part of the building, it does seem a bit selfish with all the loungers!

eliza
by ted j 16 Jun 2016, 18:15
We had a coffee and cake at Gloria Jeans today (right next door to the Hera apart hotel)
The coffee was good as were the cakes and the view is to die for
The ground floor is still being finished but up a few stairs you have a really good view of rabbit island and the bay
by Tommo 17 Jun 2016, 08:56
Thanks again Lyn for the photos unlucky Wales but they will get through to the next round come on wee N Ireland bring on the Germans I'm back out tomorrow hope to see you at the Quiz on Monday at 4 o,clock hope that's the right time cheers for now Tom :D :mrgreen:
by Lyn 17 Jun 2016, 09:33
Yep, that's the time Tommo. See you there.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Lyn 19 Jun 2016, 09:37
Photos' taken Saturday.

The newly planted roundabout at the bottom of Ataturk Blvd.

Piranha tanks for you to put your feet in for a nibble.

Looking towards Dolphin Square.

One of the side roads that was a mess the last time we went by. It's the one passed Billy & Lee's.

The new style paving slabs near Dolphin Square.

They're even trying to tidy the back roads. This is near the back entrance to the Didima Shopping Centre.

...and one last one to show the new road passed Yesilkent going to the Venosa. We even have pavements now.

by elizaflint 20 Jun 2016, 12:26
Thanks as ever for the great pics! It all seems to be doom and gloom in the Turkish tourist industry at the moment, so all credit to the town council for pressing ahead with the work anyway!
Eliza

eliza
by Lou 21 Jun 2016, 20:41
Nice to see the updates, long overdue, the improvements that is.

Lou