Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Tommo 08 Jul 2016, 16:46
Hi Lyn back home again but will get round to the quiz in August the first week you had gone home Mo and I came third so we are slowly improving thanks for the photos great performance from Wales in the Euros see you soon cheers Tom :D :D
by Lyn 10 Jul 2016, 15:34
Not a photo, just an update on the temperature for anyone due out shortly.

It's now passed 18:30 and it is still 40C on our patio.

So be prepared if you're due out soon.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by durham rader 10 Jul 2016, 16:06
We returned a week gone Thursday day and yes temperature,s were extreme, high 40s in day time and 29 plus on a night, we slept like two happy backy plants with ceiling fan plus free standing fan blowing across us ,but didn't have the lamps on :D . We did put air conditioning on half hour before we went to bed

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by Shakespeares 10 Jul 2016, 17:09
In recent times the highest recorded temperature in July has been 44°C that's 111°F, with the lowest recorded temperature 14°C, about 57°F.
July is the hottest month in Didim with an average temperature of 27°C
Altinkum Weather, Turkey Max: 38°c

The above are quotes from weather sites on the net, take anything above that with a pinch of salt.
by Lyn 10 Jul 2016, 20:08
I only post what both our thermometers show (in the sun of course). They can't both be exactly wrong.

According to Wikianswers, the highest recorded temperature in Turkey is 52c (although not necessarily in this region)

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by durham rader 10 Jul 2016, 20:21
Lyn we used our thermometer as well as the ones dotted around Altinkum .we watched the acrobatics at my Eden and the on the clock at 23.00 it was showing 29 . But why someone would want to contradict another person's personal experience because the internet say different.

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by Lyn 10 Jul 2016, 20:30
durham rader wrote:Lyn we used our thermometer as well as the ones dotted around Altinkum .we watched the acrobatics at my Eden and the on the clock at 23.00 it was showing 29 . But why someone would want to contradict another person's personal experience because the internet say different.

No problem. I check our thermometers during the day out of curiosity and they both always register the same so I can only assume they are correct. It flaming hot is all I really need to know. :D

by oldfogy 10 Jul 2016, 21:47
I came back June 26th and tbh was really glad to be out of Turkey as it was getting to hot for me, although standing outside Stansted airport waiting for my lift I thought I had bought all the heat with me as it was extremely sunny, yes sunny more than hot and am hoping in September when I go back out it will be a lot cooler.
by Bugsy 11 Jul 2016, 08:33
durham rader wrote:Lyn we used our thermometer as well as the ones dotted around Altinkum .we watched the acrobatics at my Eden and the on the clock at 23.00 it was showing 29 . But why someone would want to contradict another person's personal experience because the internet say different.

Because they don't live here anymore & always know better than those that still live here!!!
Found this a number of times when I have posted responses to people asking about current situation here.
I agree, it has been very, very hot. Been living here 8.5yrs & a few weeks ago was one of the hottest I have experienced for June. Just hoping it does not get hotter in July/August.

AND, just for truly up to date information, it is currently 37.9C in the shade on our terrace & a lot cooler than it was 2 or 3 weeks ago. There is a nice breeze, so guess this is helping to keep it cooler.