Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 20 Sep 2015, 13:57
All our cats have been neutered except one (the one we can't catch) and she had kittens about 2/3 weeks ago. For some strange reason, this one she just dumped in our next-door's garden and would have nothing to do with it. We watched and as soon as we saw the kitten was not going to last long living alone on the earth in the garden we took over as Mum & Dad. He/she now lives in a big cat carry-box and is outside in the daytime but indoors over-night.

He/she's doing really well so we expect to have him/her for a long time to come. When we move back to the UK they'll all be coming with us (all 5 as they are at the moment) as we regard them now as "our" street cats and our responsibility.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by elizaflint 20 Sep 2015, 14:26
So sweet - probably a "he" I suppose as most ginger cats are male I think. There is no nicer cat than a ginger Tom, loving, full of empathy and not a bad or malicious thought or act. Well anyway, that was what mine was like. Very sadly no longer with us, but can't face having another one as no cat could be as nice as Barney. He sought me out and gave me seven really beautiful years of companionship and affection.
The picture just reminded me .....

eliza
by elizaflint 21 Sep 2015, 09:52
Revelations about Corbyn and Abbot and also the PM in his youth underline the fact that this country is not what it used to be (or maybe it is precisely as it always has been, we just know more about it now --- triple yuk!! :oops:

eliza
by annabelle 21 Sep 2015, 21:38
A lovely little kitten youve got there and nice to hear you will take them with you if you move ,once they get use to being fed they can sometimes find it hard to fend for themselves ,
Are you planning on returning to the UK Lynn ?
Elisa
You seem to have a downer on the UK ,
I suppose it can depend on were you choose to live but there are plenty of lovely areas around still and lovely people living here, regarding the politics dirty tricks have gone on for years its just more transparent these days unlike Turkish politics that you would never begin to understand in your lifetime and lucky for most expats they dont speak or understand the lingo so are oblivious to it all and get on with their lives happily there.
Perhaps we would be all better knowing less in the UK then it wouldnt worry people as some of the stories if you care to read papers like the Daily Snail are unbelievable ,I never read any newspapers now . :roll: Ann
by elizaflint 22 Sep 2015, 08:28
I do agree with you there, Ann, I find I get depressed after hearing the news, it is all bad news! I live in a city I absolutely love with great people, but things are changing here and not really all for the better. Particular things I don't like are drunkenness and litter, that is better in Turkey, I think. But all in all, you are right, we have a lot to be very thankful for. What we need is a good news channel to cheer us up!

eliza
by Lyn 22 Sep 2015, 09:16
annabelle wrote:A lovely little kitten youve got there and nice to hear you will take them with you if you move ,once they get use to being fed they can sometimes find it hard to fend for themselves ,
Are you planning on returning to the UK Lynn ?

We've been here for 9 years now so it's time to move on, or back in our case. We intend moving back to the village where we lived for 37years. We'll downsize and buy a little place and then travel as we used to when we were working ( we were very fortunate and used to travel 4/5 times every year). We will obviously come back to Turkey for a few weeks at a time, but also carry on with world travel. I have a bucket list that includes diving the Great Barrier Reef, catching the Blue Train in South Africa and walking the Great Wall in China (not all of it obviously).

For the cats, they'll have our 5 grand-children (all animal lovers)to look after them when we're away so no problem there.

Our place will be going for sale next Spring once I've finished the bit of DIY that's needed

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by annabelle 22 Sep 2015, 11:55
Thats nice youve had a few years in Altinkum and nice memories .
I remember you selling your place in Wales
We bought with the intention of spending half the year in Altinkum but when we retired and spent more time there we missed our friends and social life in the UK and were ready for home after 4 weeks thats when i realized i could never live there .Its not for everyone .
The advantage of being here is the convenience of popping on a plane whenever you feel like it to wherever you want to go .
Good Luck with selling next year and follow your dreams :D Ann
by Lyn 22 Sep 2015, 13:12
Thanks Ann.

We're both golfers which was one of the reasons we bought here in the first place, but of course the promises of three courses in May 2006 convinced us to buy. But it's time to go now and the Caribbean (our favourite destination) is still calling.

Hopefully we'll sell fairly quickly but I won't be giving our villa away.