Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 23 May 2017, 08:03
We didn't bother going to see the cars at the front (guessed they'd be a load of crap) but did see a few going up Ataturk Blvd. One caught my eye. It had yellow-painted front brake calipers a-la Lambourghini and yellow painted rear brakedrums (brakedrums - Hahaha). The owner clearly hasn't got a clue.

Our last car was boringly painted black with a gold pinstripe, but it had a 5.3 V12 under the bonnet.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 23 May 2017, 10:09
ted j wrote:Wouldn't mind but the music was crap
My Volvo V70 sound system was better than half of them , the bass speakers were all wind and no volume

There are a few table top sales on at the mo and we had sunday carvery at the new Istanbul restaurant (where Nigels was), we have a Taj Mahal opening shortly where Sinbads used to be and after me slating David people, I take it back, they have new chefs and do a really decent burger
The build where the Vista was won't be finished and looks nothing like the architects drawing (thankfully)

I was talking to a relation of the owner who was telling me the Chef comes from Bradford and the Restaurant is run on a franchise.
by Lyn 23 May 2017, 14:44
The advert for the Taj Mahal shows that it's due to open at Destina's. Is that where Sinbad used to be. ??

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Lyn 24 May 2017, 05:08
Yep, that's the one.

Whether it's true or not but we heard that the chef from the UK is working in Marmaris but has trained the one coming to Didim in the art of making a decent curry.

I love a good curry so can't wait.

by ted j 25 May 2017, 15:09
They are open now and a few people in this afternoon........good reports on the place so far on facebook

he latest crazy news is the council have banned tables and chairs outside again, yet cars speed up and down and the eyesore that is where the vista was is still being worked on even though all building work was supposed to stop May 15th
Ergin from Topkapi went to the council to complain but to no avail...........went down there this afternoon and it looks weird, yet the bloody shopkeepers are still blocking the pathway with their tat
by Lyn 26 May 2017, 07:39
Apparently the building work has been extended for another month. It'll stop when the Turkish holiday starts probably - to hell with the tourists.

Belediye, haven't got a clue.

by ted j 28 May 2017, 09:16
Ergin from Topkapi has pu the tables and chairs back outside again...........
Not sure if is with the council's permission though........Ikbals have done the same
by St Domingo 28 May 2017, 09:21
Hopefully common sense will prevail Ted as surely going for a beer on the beachfront is about having an option to sit outside

nil satis nisi optimum