How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by St Domingo 24 Mar 2013, 09:51
Great to see the forum returning but I can't seem to get to the active topics page?

nil satis nisi optimum
by johnnetplus 24 Mar 2013, 11:06
Guys,

When I select ACTIVE TOPICS guess what appears....this topic. As I have said previously once we are up and running (more than a day) you'll see a number of topics appearing once clicked upon. All of this is work in progress. It will be tweaked further. Have a little patience - as the song goes. The previous board's style couldn't be saved as it was full of virus code. We had a choice, change the style of the board or close the site. We went for the former. If you look at what other members are saying they clearly disagree:

EDERNDI : Very impressed with the new colours and layout

LEVIL1234: I like the new layout it will just take some people time to get used to it.

PJRICHARDS: A great job, very well done. Avatars on the left or right???? who cares, its a lovely new set out. 10/10*

DEL: Wow, I think the new site looks great.

ARTORLIN: Well done to everyone concerned, just got to get used to the new layout which is great

JEAN and KENNY: Loving the new layout, bright and summery for the new season.

But as I always say, you can't please everyone. Hang in there guys it will improve!!

Kind regards John
by Geminiman61 24 Mar 2013, 11:14
I must agree with the OP John,I've just signed on and clicked on active topics and I didn't find what I expected. But good work getting it back online. I'd be nice to see what's actually happening and being spoke about. I agree with the above though what does it matter wether the avatars on the left right or in the middle? I suppose time will tell if things get better so I'll watch this space ;)
by Geminiman61 24 Mar 2013, 11:19
I also used to like seeing the daily coinmill.com rate at the bottom of the board page I cant see this advertised now or cant I see the woods for the trees??? :roll:
by JANE 24 Mar 2013, 12:49
Come on give it a chance ? We have missed this forum, and are thankful that someone tackled the problems it was encountering. Be honest, it would of been easy to call it a day? Well done to all involved at getting it back on, hopefully it will be ONWARDS AND UPWARDS ! :D

Jane and Billy :D :D

"Wish we were there"!
by St Domingo 24 Mar 2013, 12:54
Well said Jane & Billy

John

nil satis nisi optimum
by glenman459189 24 Mar 2013, 13:45
Where is the exchange rate cant find it has it moved ?

Brian & Isobel

We met as strangers and parted as friends

May the wind be allways at your back
by Dave Barnett 24 Mar 2013, 14:28
Excellent job John, love the new site layout, " view active topics " works okay if you just change "display posts" at bottom of page.
New colours and lay out are great, love it. Nice to have site back, I don't post much but read nearly every day.

Love it. Very well done.

Dave
by oldfogy 24 Mar 2013, 14:39
Sorry to be a pain Dave, but which page is it you mean when you say 'just change "display posts" at bottom of page'
Although when I tried it from the home page a few minutes ago although only 2 topics showed up it was working ok from there.
Last edited by Keith on 24 Mar 2013, 22:55, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed
by Dave Barnett 24 Mar 2013, 14:56
From the home page click on "active topics" , when the page displays you will only see 2 topics displayed but underneath
tHere is a box that says display topics for last 7 days. Alter this to however far you want to view active topics for. I think the furthest you can go back is one year.

Dave