How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by PJRichards 06 Apr 2013, 06:32
I would like to know if anyone has managed to put films onto a Kindle Fire. I use Calibre to download books but this programme doesnt convert dvd's. HELP. :cry:
by davido 06 Apr 2013, 06:40
hi pauline im not really into this but some info i founf may be the answer . im sure if this is wrong other members will let you know ;)

it said

Just do it via USB.

If you want your Kindle to play the files directly however you'll have to convert them to .mp4 or you can download aVia Player from the Amazon App Store. It will play most any file.

I would go into your fire via your computer and create a "movies" folder so you could keep track of them easily.
by PJRichards 06 Apr 2013, 07:34
Sounds like I might have to put some films onto a USB memory stick and use that. Unless someone else has a solution.

Thanks David.
by christella 06 Apr 2013, 08:20
i think that is the best idea if it can be done through a usb your kindle has a very low hard drive

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by pollyg 06 Apr 2013, 11:15
a bit thick memory stick, how do i do it, so i can play on kindle fire, do i buy the dvd film then put it on my fire, ? because to join a club wont be worth my while as i only use it on holiday.
by PJRichards 06 Apr 2013, 13:37
Polly, I think you would download your dvd to your pc. Then send it to the USB, then plug it into the Kindle...Thats the way I am reading it.
by sarahloo 06 Apr 2013, 16:05
Hi Pauline

We have just been setting up my mum in laws kindle fire hd which she bought today.

I plugged in the kindle to the computer via usb lead & found the film I wanted to put on. I copied it & opened up the fire & pasted it into the videos folder, this is how I did the music too only into the music folder.

When I came to check the movie it wasn't in the video folder, I found it in "more, device, storage then personal videos"

Hope this makes sense.

Sarah
by PJRichards 06 Apr 2013, 18:17
Thanks Sarah. I will give that a try. I thought there wouldnt be enough memory for a film though.
by sarahloo 06 Apr 2013, 19:52
I think most films are about 500 mb, mum in laws kindle fire is 16gb

Sarah :D
by christella 06 Apr 2013, 19:59
Check and see what is the free space now

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it