How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by Juco 24 Aug 2013, 16:10
6th June - 9 September - 95 days. Am I missing something here Stan?

The 4th to 25th july is 22 days
The 9th to 16th Sept is 8 days

Thats a total of 30 days. Where are you getting the 6th June from?

Juco
by levi1234 24 Aug 2013, 16:16
PJRichards wrote:What about us..........6June. Going back 9 Sept?
by Juco 24 Aug 2013, 16:26
Yip 6 days over!

Juco
by Juco 24 Aug 2013, 20:07
My initial reply was for Gumballs dates and the second which your were also calculating on was for PJ richards dates.

Two different calculations for two different members.

Juco
by Sue and John 25 Aug 2013, 11:07
For info. Just copied and pasted this from the British Embassy website.

Staying in Turkey beyond the date of your visa is taken seriously by the Turkish Authorities . If you overstay you will be fined upon departure. Fines vary according to the length of time you overstay. If you overstay and are fined, you must apply for your next visa at a Turkish Embassy or Consulate overseas before you travel. You may also be banned from re-entering Turkey for a period of time as follows:-
•Overstay 1-15 days - no ban.
•Overstay from 16-90 days - banned for up to three months.
•Overstay for more than 90 days i.e. from the 91st day, banned for up to six months.
by durham rader 25 Aug 2013, 11:45
levi1234 wrote:
PJRichards wrote:What about us..........6June. Going back 9 Sept?

Pauline & Peter stayed in Turkey from 6th June for three weeks returned to UK and are going back to Turkey 9 September,not stayed continuously in Turkey so used visa 21days not 96 days .it seems we have different interpretations of the visa rules . are we using visa even when we are not in Turkey on the 90day rule , the 180 day rule is used as we have purchased that to last 180 days. and if you stay for 90 days in the 180days you are not allowed back for 180days this is why the expats have residence permits. so no more visa runs to Greece

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by Juco 25 Aug 2013, 12:34
What about us..........6June. Going back 9 Sept?

Rather misleading as I read this as In to Turkey on the 6th June,
Back to UK 9th Sept.

the 180 day rule is used as we have purchased that to last 180 days. and if you stay for 90 days in the 180days you are not allowed back for 180days this is why the expats have residence permits. so no more visa runs to Greece

Buy 180 day visa.
Stay for 90 days.
Then not allowed back for 90 days.

The 180 days is from the start date, not after you have used up your 90 days.

Just trying to clarify.

Juco
by Sue and John 25 Aug 2013, 14:01
I read it the same way Stan. Not very clear.
by durham rader 25 Aug 2013, 15:03
what we want to know can gumball enter on the visa she purchased in July .And can Pauline and Peter enter on there visa they purchased in June . As we did last year after entering Turkey in June having 4 weeks then entered again in September having 2weeks and leaving early October on our visa we purchased in June Did we slip through the net or was this within the visa rules

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.