How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by johnnetplus 29 Dec 2013, 13:42
Hi Paul,

Ah I get it now. So I'll test it using this reply.

I suspect the attachment will be contained in its own box and you click on it to open it? Well lets see......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kind regards John
by johnnetplus 29 Dec 2013, 13:48
Okay so the image has to be of a certain size!!

I have resized it and added it again.

Here goes.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kind regards John
by CrashTester100 29 Dec 2013, 13:50
John, I can see that for me the attachment options are not available. You should see a tab below the message editor to add an attachment and that is just not there for me.

First you have to enable the permissions for the group to add attachments, and the forums and finally to need to associate all the attachment file extensions.

It took me ages to get it right and I'm not sure how much I can talk you through.
by CrashTester100 29 Dec 2013, 13:55
I see a message saying I don't have permissions to view the Attachment :(

As admin you probably see thing we don't. Do you have another account with normal user rights..if so log in using another browser and see what we see (or don't see in this case).

As admin you can use the forums using any other members permissions, try that if you don't have a second account. Find me in the ACP and you can use choose to use my permissions there.
by johnnetplus 29 Dec 2013, 13:55
So the option works and may I say a hell of a lot easier than having to use third party online services to create an URL to the photo.

This has tremendous advantages for members to post photos more readily and certain makes selling their property with images attached. I shall leave the facility switched on to see how members get on with it.

I'll post instructions for members to follow to enable them to do what I have done above in another thread. :D

Kind regards John
by CrashTester100 29 Dec 2013, 13:58
John, see my post above - we don't see it!

I know Keith doesn't want me to help with these changes, which would be so much easier, but they are a pain in the butt to get figured out if you are not familiar with the software. good luck!
by johnnetplus 29 Dec 2013, 14:20
Paul,

What a minefield this software is!! I think I have fixed it so you can see it now. Can you confirm? I have opened it up to all members as they should be able to see things now.

Kind regards John
by Keith 29 Dec 2013, 14:32
We purposely never enabled this feature on the advice of our former admin who told us it was a sure fire way to overload the database. As John said earlier, we have already been forced to slim it down after our hosts threatened to take us off line as we had exceeded our capacity.

Perhaps the best solution is leave things as they are until the new owner takes over then he/she can do what they like.

Keith
by Tinker 29 Dec 2013, 15:04
Why r u wearing a space helmet :o

Regards

Dave
by CrashTester100 29 Dec 2013, 15:19
johnnetplus wrote:Paul,

What a minefield this software is!! I think I have fixed it so you can see it now. Can you confirm? I have opened it up to all members as they should be able to see things now.

John, that has worked for me!

Keith, apologies. I assumed this was a feature that you could not get working after the virus.

It will impact your hosting storage, I don't know what storage or bandwidth you guys have but on mine it is not an issue.