How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by PJRichards 06 Feb 2014, 08:13
We are very lucky really here in Nottingham. Far away enough from the Trent so as not to get flooded and the river over our back would flood the opposite way as the land lies.

Pete still manages at least one game of Golf a week but has managed 3 sometimes.

The wind here last night was like someone had left a very load motor running but all our tree's are still up.

I have family living in Somerset who are flooded out and the worst thing is that the Government have done nothing yet to help.

I have a Nephew lives in Plymouth and his house is over looking the sea. He is high enough up not to get flooded but some of the other area's down there are really really bad.

Everyone take care wherever you live and look out for your neighbour's too.
by Lyn 06 Feb 2014, 09:19
Loved the last line Pauline. Well said. :D

I used to be indecisive, but now I think I'm better.
by Duke 06 Feb 2014, 14:44
Roofs given in to Mother Nature lounge with 4 buckets now !!! Grrrrrr too bad to go up to look at roof so have to just sit it out!! Winds are really strong & blowing in all directions at once!!! Weirdest weather we've had in the 25 years we've lived here!! Ceste'la'vie it's our turn but we are still better off than many so counting our blessings!!
Where I live they're mostly younger families so they check on us Pauline !! lol lol I smiled at Pete & his golf!!! He'd need a wet suit & flippers here plus a ball that floats !!
Duke
Be glad to be back in Turkey in the Spring/summer

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by Juco 06 Feb 2014, 15:26
Duke I have been told its best to poke a hole in the ceiling where its dripping with say a knitting needle as it stops it spreading.

Juco
by davido 06 Feb 2014, 21:11
I feel so sory for the lack of help the people in Somerset and surrounding areas have had. The goverment readily supply millions of pounds to aid other countries in need of help, yet right at their frond door and they have hardly bothered. I have never given a hoot to prince Charles rants , but for the first time I have to give him credit for his remarks ..the worring bit is ,the powers to be always hope emergencies are a one day wonder, then they can give all the rubbish that lessons have been learned and it won't happen again :roll: :roll: but if they continue for extream times, then they have no real answer to put in procedures to get on top of it.. :roll: hope things get better for you soon duke
by PJRichards 07 Feb 2014, 07:23
Sorry to hear your roof has suffered Chris and hope it doesnt get too bad and is repairable before it caves in.

Yeh....as long as Pete can play golf my world is much calmer.........lol... ;)

David........ my thoughts exactly. Six weeks and only now have they decided to do something for the poor people down South that have been flooded out since before Christmas. What was it that stupid politition said ''its winter, it rains, get our it'' If I had been in the vicinity at that time I would have poured a bucket of sewage over his stupid head.

Yes, whatever happens around the World, there is always millions to be sent there but when at home, s*d the peasants.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
by steve zeus 07 Feb 2014, 11:25
We live on top of a Mountain here in Pembrokeshire, Wales, and our garage got flooded yesterday. So sorry for all those properties down below us

Steve & Maxine.
"Zeus Heights"
Altinkum

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"
"gunesteki yerimizi seviyoruz."
by Bill H 08 Feb 2014, 16:16
Just hoping we can get out this year, our old boy had a turn last june, the vet was called and gave him 4 to 6 weeks.
He now gallops around the field like a 2 year old, and EAT, strewth 5 meals a day.