How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by tommie 13 Feb 2014, 12:39
It's really nice and pleasant here today in Sunny Sheffield and not a drop of wind.
Makes a change from the last few days, but nothing like they've experienced elsewhere.

Might be warmer than Tinky!

Tom

Welcome to Didim - http://www.didim.me
by Sharon Knight 13 Feb 2014, 14:29
Bright and calm here in Blackpool after the worst night I've known since I moved here, winds of 108miles per hours, our back gates went for a fly down the road, and some damage to our new roof, but lucky compared to my father who lives in Surrey,

Sharon
by Pete Jones 13 Feb 2014, 16:27
Winter suddenly arrived in Altinkum today it was so dark this morning I thought I had got up at 7 am by mistake.When I looked out there was this massive black cloud for as far as the eye could e got some sporadic rain but nowt really heave so we'll see what tonight brings.
The wind is getting up as it usually does when a storm is approaching so it might just go away in the night.
So thats me cabined up,fire on and watch the telly tonight.
by Marl 13 Feb 2014, 23:03
Wind got a hold of one of our fence panels which was smashed around the garden. It also managed to lift one corner of our car port out of its concrete base! Never experienced weather like last night. Then a lovely day today. Supposed to start up again tomorrow.
by Pete Jones 14 Feb 2014, 12:35
All quiet on the western front here in Altinkum today.No big storm last night and today is back to bright sunshine with a just a slightly coolish breeze.
The bees are back out buzzing around and the butterflies floating around.
by JJH 14 Feb 2014, 21:41
Rain, rain and rain again, so depressing, had the odd hour of sunshine then rain
again, it is like April showers came early, can't wait to have lots of sunshine
when we come to Tinky again you can more or less guarantee sunshine. :) ;)
by PJRichards 15 Feb 2014, 07:35
I have never known weather like this in all my life. Here the winds are so strong we cant open our back door. I keep looking out of the bedroom window to make sure the shed and tree's are still there.

Never ever have we know such rain and strong winds here in our lifetime. Women usually look forward to a good wind in winter to get the washing dry but you couldnt even get out the door to peg it out.

The birds arent flying so arent getting the food we have out there for them.

25 people have been killed in the ice and snow over night in Philadelphia USA...... :cry:

It looks more like ARMAGEDDON out there. Is God trying to tell us something????????
by Marl 15 Feb 2014, 13:03
Just had my usual walk in to town. One car sales garage has lost a few cars as the adjoining building to his forecourt has lost its side wall all over his cars! What a sight, cars crushed with fallen bricks. Lots of trees down and bits of branches everywhere. It's just starting to rain again. We count ourselves lucky at the mo as not flooded. I honestly can't imagine what that must be like.
by justubean 15 Feb 2014, 13:08
A bit of a blustery night last night to say the least. But on a good note I have only minor damage to the fence.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments