How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by Juco 12 Sep 2015, 16:02
But why would you have a bank account at all if you never drew money from it?

I think for many it was a case of getting virtually no interest in UK banks so put some in a Turk one get 10% interest and covert back at a later date to sterling.

All very well if the playing field remains level.

Juco
by bomkaz 12 Sep 2015, 16:40
Bert kubra is on maternity leave I believe she as had twins think she is back in February
by Bugsy 13 Sep 2015, 07:35
Hayley & Bert,
There is a post called 'Akbank Contact Details' at the beginning of this month.
This has all the details for the new guy on it and someone managed to contact him with these.
Good Luck.
by JonKaz 18 Sep 2015, 06:49
gumball wrote:Really need a quick reply here if anyone can help me i have been looking at my Garanti online banking and i cannot figure out how to send money from my Turkish Sterling Account to the Nationwide in the UK the only options it seems to be giving me is money transfers within Turkey
Thanks
Only just read your post, I cant seem to transfer money from current accout to Sterling account I just get unable to do as must have 2 accounts of same currency, even though i have a edeposit account as well. I have got an appiontment with Fatma at Garanti on 28th Sept so I will ask the question and also your question regarding transferring from sterling account to UK bank.
by oldfogy 18 Sep 2015, 11:05
JonKaz wrote:
gumball wrote:Really need a quick reply here if anyone can help me i have been looking at my Garanti online banking and i cannot figure out how to send money from my Turkish Sterling Account to the Nationwide in the UK the only options it seems to be giving me is money transfers within Turkey
Thanks
Only just read your post, I cant seem to transfer money from current accout to Sterling account I just get unable to do as must have 2 accounts of same currency, even though i have a edeposit account as well. I have got an appiontment with Fatma at Garanti on 28th Sept so I will ask the question and also your question regarding transferring from sterling account to UK bank.

I'm not sure if it's still relevant now and think probably not considering the OP was 'July 16th, 2015, 10:30 am'
Yes I've only just seen it also.

But, to the best of my knowledge, the answer was, you first need to transfer it from your lira account and then into your sterling account to be able to transfer to your UK account.
by JonKaz 19 Sep 2015, 07:36
yes thats my problem, have a tl current account a stering account and a edoposit account but it won't let me transfer from tl current acc to sterling acc stating need 2 acc with same currency?