How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by Juco 12 Jul 2015, 20:48
The Taxman wont touch you until you start to make interest on the money ,which from next year you wont pay any tax on any interest earned under £1000 . 8-) Ann

Is it not the case that no tax paid if it is your main residence, if it is a holiday home it would be taxed on the profit after allowances.

Juco
by christella 13 Jul 2015, 07:18
Juco wrote:
christella wrote:I am getting 6%. Plus here in the UK

9th July..... Regulation - How will the IFISA be managed?
• The government will regulate financial advice on peer-to-peer lending.
• Peer-to-peer lending platforms will not be brought into the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Therefore, capital will remain at risk.

there is always a risk if you want high returns
there is always people who want to borrow money
i think the risk is worth it anybody who borrows they have to put up property and only allowed to borrow up to 75% of the value

i am lending to over 1600 clients

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by gumball 13 Jul 2015, 08:30
No profit was made ,in fact I lost money ,although I would have made a lira profit if all dealings had been made in lira purely because of the exchange rate.Which sort of brings me back to my original post .I am very tempted to change the sterling to lira put it into an interest bearing account and hope for the lira to drop back .
by christella 13 Jul 2015, 08:52
what did it say on your tapu the price you bought it for and what it was sold for
i would rather leave the money in a turkish bank getting 2% maybe put a small amount in lira
but to put the whole amount in i think is suicidal

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by gumball 13 Jul 2015, 10:42
No value is written on the tapu just my name the address date building finished ,purchase date and square meters of the property . I bought through Atlas in 2007 and still have original receipts and the purchaser who is Turkish paid cash into my Garanti account last week in sterling
by del 13 Jul 2015, 18:21
Hi' I don't understand why if you don't need to draw your money out of a high interest lira account that you can lose money ?
I don't have any money in Turkey but must admit I have been tempted in the past.

Del.
by annabelle 13 Jul 2015, 18:29
del wrote:Hi' I don't understand why if you don't need to draw your money out of a high interest lira account that you can lose money ?
I don't have any money in Turkey but must admit I have been tempted in the past.

Del.

Leaving the money in a Lira account isn't the problem ,its if you need to take it out as it will depend on the exchange rate at that time, this is were people have lost money. :roll: Ann
by gumball 16 Jul 2015, 09:30
Really need a quick reply here if anyone can help me i have been looking at my Garanti online banking and i cannot figure out how to send money from my Turkish Sterling Account to the Nationwide in the UK the only options it seems to be giving me is money transfers within Turkey
Thanks
by Shakespeares 16 Jul 2015, 16:15
Del wrote "Hi' I don't understand why if you don't need to draw your money out of a high interest lira account that you can lose money ?"
Answer - The value of the Lira drops against other currencies lowering the value of your deposit and the Turkish inflation rate and price-hikes do the rest. But why would you have a bank account at all if you never drew money from it?
by hayley and bert 12 Sep 2015, 15:34
Hi does anyone know if Kubra has left Akbank and if so whos taken over her work/accounts?

regards
Bert.