How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by mary 19 Dec 2015, 21:54
Was surprised to see altinkum selling life jackets.

Are there lots of immigrants there now.

We saw a few when we were there in October.

I would have thought there wouldn't be a lot there now.
by Lyn 20 Dec 2015, 06:48
We're in town most days and we haven't seen many there.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by durham rader 20 Dec 2015, 07:41
They were selling these in October but not in the mall ,every day a Syrian guy would take the new arrivals at the Pamakale hotel down the front to buy them, and as said before these are the ones who can afford to stay in hotels and pay the smugglers .

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by Lyn 21 Dec 2015, 10:44
Saw one family in the Migros car-park in Kusadasi earlier. They weren't bothering anyone and keeping to themselves. Probably waiting for their turn to go to Samos which is only a short way away.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by mikewales 21 Dec 2015, 13:02
Have to say there are hundreds of migrants in Altinkum,I can see one hotel from my terrace and there are 40 families there ,they move on every few day and there are always new arrivals . The Pamukale hotel ,the Miriam Anna hotel ,the Cardia Sancer hotel are all full ,The hotel next to Sok on the front full .There where a few really
poor but they seemed to have moved on .The Egge hotel has been housing families since August ,and is full as of today. The hotel next to Linikers is full .These families seem to have money ,and move on every few days , It is sad to see this and this is just Altinkum many coastal towns are the same . Mike
by prover 22 Dec 2015, 19:04
They may seem to be rich in Altinkum. I'll bet when they get to the European destination they will appear to be penniless (or liraless)
There was a big 2 car crash by café 12 about 8 weeks ago. One of the drivers was Syrian, after the police investigation he just walked away leaving the car were it was. Didn't seem to bother him at all. (bet he's a taxi driver in Leicester now :lol: )