How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by christella 02 Mar 2016, 18:07
i need some help here please
my daughter and husband bought a place in altinkum about 10 years ago called yassmin complex no tapu they just wanted to walk away and loose the lot but they have given me power of attorney so i have put a turkish couple in the apartment and they put every month the rent into my akbank account i then give my daughter the money in Stirling its not a lot but i didnt want to see them lose everything
my question is they have just had an email for the yearly maintenance about £500 should they pay it they have been paying it up to now do you think the tenants should pay it
thanks

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it
by scottie 02 Mar 2016, 20:38
If you rented and lived in a place down in your home town, would you expect to have to pay for repairs,etc.,
or would you expect the landlord to it? I suppose it all depends on the rental agreement.
by christella 03 Mar 2016, 08:07
when the apartments were sold noboby got there tapu which is normall in turkey till about 6 months after some got them some didnt when it came to light money was stolen by the english estate agent she has been named and wanted by the police in this country england but has disapeared
we have paid out to see a lawyer there is a tapu but its in the land holders name we have tried to offer money to buy but my daughter paid £32000 when she bought it 10 years ago and the land owner wants another £30000
its been to court
last year my daughter and her husband came to turkey and i tried to help them but they got nowhere
they decided it was a lost case and they decided to walk away and leave it never to return to altinkum
i then persuaded them to give me POA at least they get a few bob
ps
they had know electric as it could not be connected as there was no tapu
but a turkish buisness man is now renting and he managed to get the electric on
so thats it what else could i have done
i personally feel they shouldnt pay the maintenance

by Juco 03 Mar 2016, 08:36
In theory as you have no tapu you shouldnt pay the maintenance as neither you nor family are legal owners. Having said that if you fail to pay you could lose the small amount you make from the rental.
I suspect if you didnt pay the land owner could get awkward as it is unlikely he would pay, if the renters know your situation they probably wont pay either.
Due to the small return you get from the property I would be inclined to attempt to raise the rent to try and at least recoup some of the maintenance costs accepting you may have to walk away.
Personally knowing I am never going to own it I would be inclined to risk a rent increase and if it gets awkward just throw in the towel and walk away. At best you probably make no more than £1500 net per year, is it worth the hassle.

Juco
by christella 03 Mar 2016, 08:46
with the main at £500 a year you are right

by oldfogy 04 Mar 2016, 12:54
TBH it's almost sounding as if the person we are calling 'the land owner' does not or maybe does not realise any of this is going on and thinking the agent who ran off with the money is the person he/they are at logger-heads with and possibly does not realise they may just still own the property.
by christella 04 Mar 2016, 13:40
As I said end of story
You copied and pasted from TLF

by oldfogy 04 Mar 2016, 14:46
christella wrote:As I said end of story
You copied and pasted from TLF

No actually, I copied and pasted from here to TLF as you would see if you checked the posting time.

But then again, this is what happens when as you know because you seem to paste most of your topics over to TLF, so replies will always get duplicated.
by macs50 04 Mar 2016, 18:08
by Turkish law there must be a committee on a complex so who do the other owners pay there maintenance to ?

Blly/Jackie
by christella 04 Mar 2016, 18:09
so replies will always get duplicated

BUT NOT BY THE SAME PERSON