How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by ted j 12 Apr 2018, 17:08
We usually have someone call round around the 12th of each month to read our meter and leave our bill tucked in the door of the electric meter box
Sure enough he called today so I went to the door to get the bill, but he said "no bill, you must go Aydem", so off we trotted with our last month's bill (which has a reference number and our complete address on it)

Saw a lady in there who told us the government have stopped all special cheap rates and we would have to re- register , so for that we needed to bring back
our passports, tax numbers, bank iban number, dask insurance, tapu and kimlik card

Went back after dinner and re registered, had to sign loads of paperwork (I'm talking over a dozen signatures) and pay a deposit of 190 lira which I am told will come off our next bill, then tried to pay our current bill, to be told "new system, you now have to take this paper to the old Aydem office and get a paper then bring it back here to pay"
Went to the old office where a guy checked and said no bill to pay , so went back to the new office and told them ...............the girl then told us there would be no bill until next month , where we now apparently have to call at the old office and get a chit then take that to the new office to pay the bill

If it;s any different than that I'll post next month
by oldfogy 12 Apr 2018, 21:05
Damn that's going to upset a lot of people when my POA registered my water and Electric he told me I will get the deposit back if and when I close the account, on production of the receipt.
by durham rader 13 Apr 2018, 19:20
Is this just residents or all property owners .seem like a lot of hassle

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by ted j 14 Apr 2018, 07:58
I would imagine it is everyone who gets a bill
by Tommo 14 Apr 2018, 12:16
Sorry have not been up to date with this but last year we were changed over from the pay as you use card system to electric bills as we have come under the electric firm take over we were told it would work out cheaper in the long run and as we do not rent out it seems okay
by oldfogy 16 Apr 2018, 17:22
Ted j,
What's the difference between a 'Normal' tariff and 'cheap rates'
by ted j 16 Apr 2018, 19:04
Apparently not much Phil
A while ago, we went to pay a bill and one of the girls told us we were eligible for a cheaper rate as we had used over a certain amount and directed us to one of the people who have desks and are not at the counter
The woman there then told us we were indeed eligible for a cheaper rate , but to be honest someone else told us it wasn't a lot cheaper (you had to use over a certain amount each month). Then as I said when we went to pay our latest bill we were told that the government was stopping all cheap rates , so we had to re register (We saw neighbours of ours while in there and they were told the same , so I told them what to bring back )
Anything more i don't know yet
by durham rader 17 Apr 2018, 18:57
Tedj is this why you had re -register because you have been on cheaper tariff . we pay normal tariff so this might not affect us hopefully. All this running around could take a good slice of our holiday .

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.
by ted j 17 Apr 2018, 20:12
Thar might well be the case
I'll post anything I find out as it happens...............our next bill is due around the 12th of may
by Bugsy 18 Apr 2018, 07:08
We never switched over to the cheaper tariff for bills over 150tl a month as it meant losing the 3-tariff pricing for day/evening/night rates. As we used a lot of things on the night-rate, including circulating our pool for a few hours, it wasn't worth us signing-up for the offer of 'cheap rates'.

I guess it's already been mentioned on here that Bill/Account numbers have all been altered too & you need to visit the Aydem website to find your new number to pay under.