The place for ALL new members to introduce themselves BEFORE posting elsewhere
by DavidB 23 Sep 2014, 18:25
Hi guys well we have lost or Appartment ..

Long and short to it is we brought it in 2006 and was told that it would take a couple of years for us to get our Tapu .. (Due to back log)

Any way we kept at the builder asking to get it sorted ... In the end in 2011 we went to a solicitor and instigated court proceedings against the builder and put an injunction against him and his properties ..

It turned out that he could not hand over our Tapu as another person had frozen his assets , which included our Tapu ...

Our Appartment was sold by the courts this month ,,,

Turned out that the builder had given our Tapu to his son who in turn owed money as well .. This we didn't know ... And it was sold ...

Complete night mare ...

Any way I will be in didim 3 October to clear the property ...

If anyone needs anything I have a complete furnishings for sale ...

You can contact me on david.boyles@hotmail.co.uk
Mobile 07968043649

I will be in town for a week ..

Thanks

David
by largrangegdns 28 Sep 2014, 14:56
Sorry to hear this terrible news. Seems quite common in Altinkum. Was your apartment on a complex? Lots of scary stories going about saying you are still not safe even if you have your tapu.

Lorraine
Apollon Holiday Village
by Eileen 28 Sep 2014, 18:32
That's frightening that you could lose your apartment even with the tapu.

Eileen Quinn
by JJH 28 Sep 2014, 21:25
Sorry to hear the bad news, as far as I understand Eileen he didn't get his Tapu at all.
by PJRichards 29 Sep 2014, 06:12
I am so sorry to hear this David after such a long time. These SCUM builders are so damm greedy and don't give a toss who they hurt along the way.
I am so glad to be out of it now both of our are sold.
by brown1smithfield 29 Sep 2014, 06:58
So sorry to read this. Makes us feel very lucky and humble that we were ok. Cant imagine how gutted you must be. All the best for the future.
by Lyn 29 Sep 2014, 07:42
As said by the others, very sorry to hear that you've lost your place.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by louie 29 Sep 2014, 10:13
Sorry to hear your news David.....like many on here there but by the grace of God. In the years we had our apartment we met many good, honest and genuine Turkish people but also heard many,many horror stories. We were one of the lucky ones bought off plan after a couple of years got tapu etc...would we do it again knowing what we know now the answer would be a big NO. I don't know if its the Turkish culture but the ones in business most not all even rip each other off. The guy who bought our apartment was ripping his cousin off (the one who was putting the money up to buy the apartment) by saying the apartment cost more. this we only found out at the bank when the money was being paid into our account !!!
It will be a very sad week for you clearing your apartment and hope you will be able to move forward, best wishes for your future . Kath
by St Domingo 29 Sep 2014, 11:58
So sad and tragic that this is still allowed to happen. :evil: :evil:

This nearly happened to us but thankfully things were sorted out although one of our neighbours is still going through the courts to get his tapu

How the ba****s can sleep at night defies me our builder (conman) was on the chamber of commerce, went to pray every Friday yet still tried to rip us all off........unbelievable, but then maybe not!!

nil satis nisi optimum