The place for ALL new members to introduce themselves BEFORE posting elsewhere
by elizaflint 30 Sep 2014, 08:28
The property business is open to corruption the world over, estate agents over here can also be very corrupt with price fixing, buying for their friends at low prices etc. They also meet in the pub once a week to "discuss" pricing.
But to lose a whole apartment is a terrible thing, I so much hope that you do not become permanently disillusioned with life, being exploited and betrayed has a very bad effect on your soul, if I can put it that way, it makes it very hard to trust people and to live normally.
The only thing to do is to look forward, if you have good health that is the most important thing. If you want to spend time abroad, rentals in Turkey and also Spain look very good value.
So sorry about what has happened to you and good luck ...
Eliza

eliza
by dredboy 30 Sep 2014, 11:20
So sorry for you. Its heartbreaking when you work your socks off and some thieving ....... you know whats take it off you. Was it on complex and can you name them. I know it wont help your situation but its happening all the time in Didim. We sold 2 years ago and were very lucky. I wish there was something UK could do to stop this. :x
by Eileen 30 Sep 2014, 16:29
JJH see post underneath first post re scary stories that you still not safe reTap x

Eileen Quinn
by tess 30 Sep 2014, 19:39
:cry: Hi David, I too am very sad to read your post.
There is lots I could say, I could rant and shout and protest, but, you don't need that just now.
It's a bitter pill to swallow, I imagine you are in shock, you will be for a long time.
One day at a time David, take one day at a time, the pain gets a little easier, you will never forget but I promise you it becomes more bearable.
Please don't beat yourself up, it was intended, it was planned so all the soul searching and wondering if you "should have", "shouldn't have" won't change it, it will just make you ill.
I won't lie, things have changed, things and thoughts will always be different from before, but, you will get through it, I promise.
Wishing you "Happier times, happier days ahead" take good care. You are in my thoughts, good luck David.
by justubean 30 Sep 2014, 21:45
We are sorry to hear your news too. Whilst there are some truly nice genuine people out there, the place still has it share of bastards.

Julia & Stuart
Aquamarine Apartments