The place for ALL new members to introduce themselves BEFORE posting elsewhere
by Carus007 01 May 2015, 18:52
Big hello.

I am Russ from Devon.

We are travelling to the Venosa Beach Resort on 7th May.

Can anybody give me any info on the hotel? Weather what I can expect??Prices for Turkish Bath??

Thanks
by JJH 01 May 2015, 20:07
Welcome to this friendly forum, have only visited the Venosa when it was first built very impressive hope you enjoy it and your holiday.
If you go to Altinkum you can have a Turkish Bath for £10
just off the main promenade easy to find just ask.
by oldfogy 01 May 2015, 20:54
JJH wrote:Welcome to this friendly forum, have only visited the Venosa when it was first built very impressive hope you enjoy it and your holiday.
If you go to Altinkum you can have a Turkish Bath for £10
just off the main promenade easy to find just ask.

Would that be from one of the two just up the hill off the promenade leading to the road that runs parallel to the beach also by where the Chinese restaurant is or was?
I used the one on the bottom of the hill on the left-hand side which was quite good and friendly people, but it wasn't very busy so lacked a lot of atmosphere.
by JJH 02 May 2015, 08:37
Yes that's right Oldfogy, have been to!d the one on the right as you
go up the hill is the better one. :)
by oldfogy 02 May 2015, 11:10
JJH wrote:Yes that's right Oldfogy, have been to!d the one on the right as you
go up the hill is the better one. :)

Glad you mention that because if I don't find the public Hamam then I was going to try that one. (If it's good enough for the Turks, then it's good enough for me)

I did once have a quick look around the one up the hill and although the other one did the job, I did wish afterwards I had gone for the one higher up the hill on the right, so thanks for the confirmation.

Edit.
Just been looking at a recent video and it doesn't look like the one at the bottom of the hill exists any longer.
Edit: 30th May 2015, both of the Turkish baths mentioned above do still exist, just that the one at the bottom of the hill being set back somewhat was not visible on the video, 'but is there'

27th March 2015
by Tommo 02 May 2015, 12:22
Hi Russ welcome to the Forum I am only new to it myself but you will get all the info you need from very friendly people . I am out next week so should no more then have a great holiday cheers Tom :D :D
by Carus007 02 May 2015, 17:01
Thanks for all the replys, its seem a very friendly forum.

Anybody actually in the altinkum area to verify the weather?

I did manage to find a webcam earlier which showed blue sky's and people swimming in the pool, bloody awful day here in Devon, not long to go now.

I will defo try to get out into the town at least once, the wife wants to do some shopping. :D
by Bugsy 02 May 2015, 17:12
Yes, I am close to Altinkum and the weather has been great now for about a week.
Can still get a bit chilly in the evenings if the wind gets up.
This morning it was 29C on our terrace in the shade, but cooled down a bit about 4pm as the wind came in as we started our BBQ for tea!!.
Summer is definitely here after a long, long winter. We usually have this weather in April.
Hope you have a great holiday.
by oldfogy 02 May 2015, 17:14
I'm having a few problems accessing the site at the moment so can't give you the information that I was looking for, which was 'What day is Didim Market' day on, but I think you will find Tommies information site very useful and helpful.

http://www.didim.me/
by christella 02 May 2015, 17:53
Market day didim Saturday
Market day Akbuk Friday
Market day soke Wednesday
Market day Milas Tuesday

bowling is like sex you dont have to be any good at it but you really enjoy it