The place for ALL new members to introduce themselves BEFORE posting elsewhere
by John Greensmith 02 Jul 2015, 15:01
Hi all I have finally completed the purchase of a property in Altinkum,
It was not as easy as I was led to believe by the sale steam in the uk.
Thought I had lost all funds on a number of occasions, but thanks to a local solicitor all sorted.
Now time to make the most of it :D
John Greensmith
UK
by JJH 02 Jul 2015, 17:03
Merhaba and congratulations on getting everything sorted, you will find lots of helpful information and
anything you need to know just use the search engine because most things have already been discussed.
Hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come as we have. ;)
by Lyn 03 Jul 2015, 07:55
Hello John and welcome to the forum. :D

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Duke 03 Jul 2015, 13:47
Welcome John lovely to see new members & it's a pity folk don't check Forums BEFORE purchasing property etc.. Would save a lot of pain & heartaches if they did!!! Please tell your friends & family about our forum as we love helping others to enjoy Turkey & all it has to offer !! Hope to see you & yours at next Forum meet..
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by oldfogy 03 Jul 2015, 15:38
Hi John and welcome.
Hope you got all your paperwork such as the 'TAPU' along with the relevant Habitation certificate, before parting with any money.

No-doubt someone who knows more than I can post of list of documents that you should now be in possession of and which box's should be ticked.

So just being nosey now, but 'roughly' where about in Altinkum is your new abode (only rough details, never be too specific)
by Tommo 04 Jul 2015, 11:16
Welcome John we had probs as well with buying we always use a solicitor as we have done for selling up at Yalikavak and also buying in Altinkum but lots of people here trust their builder to do the transaction for them wish you all the best its a great place and a lot cheaper all round than Bodrum :D
by louie 07 Jul 2015, 09:48
Welcome John,
Hope you have many happy holidays and enjoy the laid back lifestyle of Altinkum.
Any questions you have there is always someone on here to point you in the right direction
Kath :)
by dottyc153 07 Jul 2015, 10:59
Hi, welcome to Altinkum, just in time for the summer.
by siobhan 27 Jul 2015, 20:19
CONGRATAULATIONS ON YOUR NEW PURCHASE AND ENJOY IT