The place for ALL new members to introduce themselves BEFORE posting elsewhere
by wsjml07 26 Aug 2015, 12:36
Can anyone give me navsat number for internet
by ted j 01 Sep 2015, 09:38
We had a very slow connection last night which eventually stopped altogether leaving us with no internet so I rang Nevzat up and within 10minutes we were back online with speeds of 8 MPS plus .......brilliant service that I,d like to see that in the UK
by manic23 01 Sep 2015, 12:42
Had exactly the same today, Nevzat came round within the hour, and we're back running smooth again

Keith & Sarah
by bomkaz 01 Sep 2015, 13:26
We have just bought on golden park we brought kodi box with us from UK £49.99 of eBay on our first day we bought a 50 inch TV had a modem fitted and we are paying 40 lira per month for Internet only when we are here the box works fine any Channel you want watched sky sports bt sports my daughter even watched X factor all with no problems you can watch anything really any film any channel even search for old series such as only fools save it to your favs best thing we have bought stopped in last night and watched a film called southpaw no problems at all it's just a case of getting used to it and remembering where everything is
by manic23 01 Sep 2015, 13:44
We don't have a TV, but have had a projector (about 90"+ picture size) for over 8 years connected to a laptop with the free kodi software installed.It has the same channels, sport and films as the kodi box, but you have to set it up yourself, as Derekfrizzel said at the start of this topic, you can follow instructions on you tube on how to set it up.We pay 30tl a month for unlimited internet, and only when here

Keith & Sarah
by suekinnair 06 Sep 2015, 08:55
Hi,would an Amazon Fire tv stick work aswell,got kodi set upon it,have relatives who live in Altinkum who would love this x
by Gangsta 14 Feb 2016, 19:09
bomkaz wrote:We have just bought on golden park we brought kodi box with us from UK £49.99 of eBay on our first day we bought a 50 inch TV had a modem fitted and we are paying 40 lira per month for Internet only when we are here the box works fine any Channel you want watched sky sports bt sports my daughter even watched X factor all with no problems you can watch anything really any film any channel even search for old series such as only fools save it to your favs best thing we have bought stopped in last night and watched a film called southpaw no problems at all it's just a case of getting used to it and remembering where everything is

Bomkaz,
Are you only paying for access to the internet while you are visiting Turkey or do you pay a monthly subscription throughout the year??
We have a Kodi box here in the UK and wouldn't mind bringing it, or buying another to bring, to our apartment when we are there. But I was always led to believe that you could only get a phone line/Internet connection on a full year contract and then only if you had a residency permit.

If somebody could tell me different and that we can get internet access just while we are over in Turkey that would be great. Please let me know how, how much and where??

Thanks a million.
by oldfogy 14 Feb 2016, 19:34
Sorry it's only some brief (very) information, but yes you can get a PAYG monthly subscription, unfortunately the name and correct details of the installer/supplier I don't have available at the moment, but, apart from a initial dish/modem installation, you then just arrange and pay for the date you arrange, providing you are going to use it on a regular basis then yes it would be worth the cost of the install.

Other than that, there is also another company who I believe their head office is in Istanbul who arrange for mobile dongles, although normally delivered to a persons hotel for when they arrive and are then just posted back on departure, but maybe if you can arrange a collection point that might also be another option, although 'from memory' the cost was not what I would call cheap. (but what price do you put on what you want?)

Hopefully someone will be able to complete all the missing info, if not it's all available over on facebook.