The place for ALL new members to introduce themselves BEFORE posting elsewhere
by David Blair 14 Oct 2016, 17:50
just back home from a 2 week 'holiday' at Aquasis, spent most of my time looking at properties, some of which were simply depressing....finally one that ticked all the boxes at Gumus Evler 2, estate agent made evrything very easy, although the number of visits to different offices, lawyer, notary, tax office, bank, etc, etc, was quite overwhelming, but everything was very straightforward, the biggest issue was trying to get payment processed through internet banking which just would not work, it took a 3 and a half hour phone conversation with the bank, during which my account was suspended, re-instated, security checks and full credit check done, finally got processed, and I am now proudly in possession on my Tapu !!!

looking forawrd to my next visit, and keeping up with things on this forum :)

David
by Juco 14 Oct 2016, 18:38
Congratulations on your purchase, I wish you many years of happy holidays.

Juco
by Lyn 15 Oct 2016, 05:58
Well done, and got your Tapu as well. 8-)

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by elizaflint 15 Oct 2016, 14:00
Brilliant that you have bought a property and are happy, nice contrast to some of the pessimists who have sold up ...
Eliza

eliza
by Duke 16 Oct 2016, 08:09
Welcome to this forum David & congratulations on buying your Holiday bolt hole !! I hope you have as much fun as we have in our 14 years!!
Duke

Keep the Faith & To Thine ownself be True!
by annabelle 16 Oct 2016, 11:33
elizaflint wrote:Brilliant that you have bought a property and are happy, nice contrast to some of the pessimists who have sold up ...
Eliza

Welcome to the Forum
I smiled at your account of the running around you did it brought back memories of our own buying experience in 2002 ,as well as all the legal stuff getting the furniture sorted as well ,we came back from Altinkum needing a holiday.
Eliza
many people Sold up ourselves included it doent mean were pessimists its a cycle that people buy and people sell all over the world.
We had our apartment for almost 10 years and wanted to explore different places other than Altinkum
we have fond memories of our time there ,but most of our friends that lived there had moved on to live in other places .And our apartment would have been empty for most of the year our kids didn't want to go there anymore ,so we made a decision to sell it ,we could have left it lying empty while we visited different places but didn't see the point in doing that as they can deteriorate rapidly if not maintained .
We miss our Turkish neighbours but when we visited 3 years ago some of them had moved on and one very good friend had passed away it was very sad as he was only 59 years and his wife was distraught .
We don't have any plans to visit Altinkum again ,we have our happy memories of our time there but after visiting and enjoying many different places Altinkum will be just a memory for us .
Also remember many people had bad experiences ,many lost there properties in Altinkum with rogue builders and estate agents ,now with the purchase process being easier without having to wait for military clearance to get your Tapu hopefully it will make the buying experience happier for people and they wont be ripped off. :roll: Ann
by elizaflint 16 Oct 2016, 11:49
Of course people move on for personal reasons, but as you said many of your friends have also moved away from Altinkum and I think there has been a tendency to be quite negative about the area. However, those who remain presumably are happy with their choice, probably different also if people live there permanently.
Have fun with your global travels!

eliza
by David Blair 18 Oct 2016, 19:46
Duke wrote:Welcome to this forum David & congratulations on buying your Holiday bolt hole !! I hope you have as much fun as we have in our 14 years!!
Duke

thanks for your good wishes, holiday home for now but planning retiring there in the coming years :)