Posts about Altinkum and surrounds
by oldfogy 16 Jan 2018, 10:11
It might seem a good rate but change about £10,000.00 then take off the delivery charge Of £8.25 and you might just break even with most of the money exchange shops in town.

When will people ever learn that internet rates are not what you get in Turkey they are always over-rated.
by manic23 16 Jan 2018, 16:11
People know the rates are better in Turkey, but the rates colmoll has show are good if you want to change some while still in the UK. Not all companies charge for delivery, and who changes £10,000 to go on holiday ?

Keith & Sarah
by ted j 17 Jan 2018, 14:41
Got 5.2 at Sinbads this morning
There, the Yapi market next door and the very last jewellers as you go through Dolphin square before hitting the front usually give the best rates
The best rate in that link is still 35 lira down on £100 changed here today
by colmoll 18 Jan 2018, 09:15
Wish I was there
by colmoll 18 Jan 2018, 09:16
oldfogy wrote:It might seem a good rate but change about £10,000.00 then take off the delivery charge Of £8.25 and you might just break even with most of the money exchange shops in town.

When will people ever learn that internet rates are not what you get in Turkey they are always over-rated.

I got £1000 worth 5.0500 and no commision and free delivery
by Kim 26 Jan 2018, 11:24
slight digression here, but while the turkish lira is spiralling out of control in a downwards fashion, has this reduced the value in sterling of property in turkey. i have said it before, since erdogen took control turkey has had an economical nightmare, and he has raised taxes so he can plunder it for his own wealth. what turkey is doing in north syria at the moment is shocking, and alienating turkey even more.
posted by jim

Kim
by Juco 26 Jan 2018, 11:28
I wouldnt think it has reduced the market value but some will attempt to pay in TL and play the exchange rate. If I were selling the price would be advertised in Sterling and if they want to pay TL then they the buyer converts to the Sterling amount in to my bank account.

In the current climate you need to stand your ground and not let them force the price down, providing of course you are asking a realistic price.

Juco
by oldfogy 26 Jan 2018, 20:48
manic23 wrote:People know the rates are better in Turkey, but the rates colmoll has show are good if you want to change some while still in the UK. Not all companies charge for delivery, and who changes £10,000 to go on holiday ?

No one mentioned about holidays just exchange rates, and anyone looking to buy property may well be looking to change currencies.
by manic23 27 Jan 2018, 15:48
When we brought our place 12 years ago, we didn't wander around with thousands of pounds in our pocket, it was done with bank transfers. I would imagine that Colmoll was thinking more of people going on holiday, therefore not actually there at the time, and looking for some cash to take with them. Also I believe anyone thinking of buying a property would not be carrying thousands of pounds around in order to change it in one of the money shops. Apart from the banks, I doubt that any shops would have enough cash onsite to change £25,000 +

Keith & Sarah