Post your favourite holiday or other snaps here.
by Lyn 25 Feb 2018, 06:46
A lovely day out with 20+ friends.

The ferry is only 1 year old.

One hour from Bodrum to Kos town.

After the shopping trip to Lidl including 4 huge Celery, time to relax.

... and the Amstell was superb.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Lyn 25 Feb 2018, 07:04
The only bad news was the journey. The bus was due at Yesilkent at 06:00 but turned up 25 minutes late. It was cold that time in the morning but at least it wasn't raining. Although this was a private transfer there was a woman already on the bus going to the airport. We got to Bodrum on time so no real problem.

The trouble began with the return journey. We left Bodrum at 17:30 expecting to be home around 19:00 ish. The driver then informed us we were due to collect a passenger from Istanbul who was arriving at Bodrum airport at 19:05. This meant we were to wait at the airport for this bloke (who turned out to be the new manager of one of Altinkum's big A/I hotels) for around an hour and a half (again it was supposed to be a direct private transfer). All hell broke out on the bus and eventually, after a few calls to the company's office, we went straight passed the airport. The driver was quite concerned but everyone said it was not his fault but that of the penny-pinching company looking to make more money without the work.

Whether I'm allowed to do this or not, the company was Avesta so if you book with them for a private transfer, make sure they understand it is that.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by Juco 25 Feb 2018, 20:26
I do like on boats.
Ferry doesn't appear to be too busy.

Juco
by Lyn 26 Feb 2018, 06:53
Juco wrote:I do like on boats.
Ferry doesn't appear to be too busy.

Yes, I doubt if it was a quarter full. There is an upper (open) deck as well and some of the passengers were up there.