How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by ted j 18 Apr 2018, 08:19
We had the option when we first got the electric in our name of choosing whether to have the 3 tier meter reading or single tier
I worked out it was actually better for us to stay on the single tier ............we still have 3 actual readings, but they are all charged at the same amount (That's so they only have to supply one type of meter )

What we did one year before we moved over here was take a picture of all 3 readings before we left for the UK , take it into the Aydem office then pay .a few lira over the amount so we were in credit in case any charges cropped up
by oldfogy 18 Apr 2018, 11:41
Bugsy wrote:We never switched over to the cheaper tariff for bills over 150tl a month as it meant losing the 3-tariff pricing for day/evening/night rates. As we used a lot of things on the night-rate, including circulating our pool for a few hours, it wasn't worth us signing-up for the offer of 'cheap rates'.

I guess it's already been mentioned on here that Bill/Account numbers have all been altered too & you need to visit the Aydem website to find your new number to pay under.

No you do not have to visit aydem to find your new number, there is a thread over on TLF Titled 'Aydem Direct Debits'. but also explains how to check and find your new account number.

This thread is located at:
http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/fur ... -post.html
by oldfogy 18 Apr 2018, 11:47
ted j wrote:We had the option when we first got the electric in our name of choosing whether to have the 3 tier meter reading or single tier
I worked out it was actually better for us to stay on the single tier ............we still have 3 actual readings, but they are all charged at the same amount (That's so they only have to supply one type of meter )

What we did one year before we moved over here was take a picture of all 3 readings before we left for the UK, take it into the Aydem office then pay a few lira over the amount so we were in credit in case any charges cropped up

Yes unless you are a heavy night-time user the 3 tariff rate may not be beneficial especially with the much higher day-time charge.
by ted j 18 Apr 2018, 14:04
Just had an email from our bank
Aydem have given us back 135 lira (think that may be our original deposit on when we went onto the cheap rate) will have to check next month
by ted j 14 May 2018, 14:05
The electricity reader came a few days ago, but he said "Internet off", so couldn't read our meter , so i went to the old Aydem office today and asked a guy there .......he said to call back with the meter reading and he'd get up a bill , so took pictures with the ipad of the 3 readings, went back and he copied them into his computer and told me if I went to the new office with an old bill, I would be able to pay which I did
Still no idea about what will happen next month
by Lyn 18 May 2018, 12:23
I've been reading this post with interest. This is how we paid our bill last week.

Going down Ataturk Blvd, just after Circus and Rosita's, there;s a small shop on the left where we pay our electric, water & internet/phone bills. The guy's name is Hakan and he charges a few Lira for doing the payments on-line which saves us a bit of walking up in town. As I said we paid ours last week without any problem as we have been doing for several years. His car is parked outside the shop and it's an old, red Fiat 127.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by ted j 19 May 2018, 06:03
I would willingly do that Lyn, but for the past 2 months, haven't had an actual bill
Wondering if you can pay without one if he looks up online
by Lyn 19 May 2018, 06:15
Ted, if you take an old bill with your info on it I'm sure he can pay your current bill online. I'll call in and ask him later to make sure. He charges a few Lira but it saves a lot of walking.

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by ted j 19 May 2018, 07:01
Thanks Lyn
That would save a lot of running round and waiting
by durham rader 19 May 2018, 08:11
We normally go to the post office on the front and pay our electric bill there

RAchel /DERrick. To far North to be English and to far South to be Scottish.