How to get the best out of AA and your computer
by Bugsy 20 May 2018, 09:22
As long as they have read the meter, you can pay the bill on line from internet banking. (Aydem send me an email when the meter reading is on their system, but I've no idea how this got set-up).
You look up 'Pay Bills' on your internet banking, select Aydem, put your account number in & it tells you how much is outstanding. If you agree, you tick & pay it.
If the meter hasn't been officially read, you will have to take your readings into the Aydem office, which can be a pain when they are busy!
TTNET, Turk Telekom, Digiturk & SGK insurance can also be paid simply through internet banking every month.
Not found out how to pay council tax yet, but tried the council website to pay with card & couldn't understand the Turkish that came up after putting in my bank card details!
by Lyn 20 May 2018, 20:17
ted j wrote:Thanks Lyn
That would save a lot of running round and waiting

Sorry for the delay. I'll be calling in there tomorrow to confirm details. As you say Ted, It's a one-stop-shop for us with no running around, and the bar is just across the road. very convenient. :D

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 21 May 2018, 15:37
Not sure whats happened with my bill, my last bill in January/February was 159TL which was paid by the bank then For 2weeks this month the bill is 159TL so will have to check with the bank tomorrow.
by Lyn 22 May 2018, 07:02
Sorry Ted but I just couldn't get him to understand if a current amount could be paid with the information off an old hesap. His English is about as good as my Turkish. Might be worth calling in yourself and try to explain the situation, depending on your grip on Turkish that is (unless a Turkish friend could maybe go with you).

With age comes skills, it's called multi-tasking. I can laugh, cough, sneeze and pee all at the same time.
by oldfogy 27 May 2018, 20:36
oldfogy wrote:Not sure whats happened with my bill, my last bill in January/February was 159TL which was paid by the bank then For 2weeks this month the bill is 159TL so will have to check with the bank tomorrow.

Well I think I got to the bottom of it, It seems my current bill was for 15.9TL but the print-out looked like 159TL, so mystery solved for me at least.
by ted j 12 Jun 2018, 15:22
The guy came to read our meter today while we were out . He actually left a bill so I will try the little shop later this week and let you know how I get on
by ted j 13 Jun 2018, 11:22
Went to the shop this dinnertime , went very well, handed him my bill and 3 minutes later he gave me a printed receipt , he charged 2 lira
Looks like this is the way to go
by Lyn 19 Jun 2018, 07:50
Well done Ted.

Don't forget he does your water and TTNET bills as well. We just take a previous TTNET bill so he can get the account number etc.

by ted j 19 Jun 2018, 15:09
We are on a top up card for water Lyn and not with TTNet, don't suppose he could top a card up?
by Lyn 22 Jun 2018, 06:52
ted j wrote:We are on a top up card for water Lyn and not with TTNet, don't suppose he could top a card up?

I doubt if he can top-up the card Ted.